Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strictly street with ocasionally twisties. Lol im sure they are not for track for sure. Im looking at a set for my bike that i use for commuting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A few reviews.

http://www.ctaaustralia.com.au/node/13

http://www.cycletorque.com.au/nifty-nankangs/

Give them a whirl and then post a review. As long as you're not pushing 8-9 tenths they're not likely to just spit you off all of a sudden.

If anything run a reliable/known front like a Pilot and try the rear out.

I started running a Conti Motion rear about 5k miles ago for commuting. I can go edge to edge without any problem, no chxn strips. They provide good grip/drive when leaned over coming out of a corner. If the tire is getting a little over worked it'll let you know with a little slip. A lot over worked it'll let you know with a little sliiiide.

I say give them a try and just feel them out.

The Conti

·
I miss my R1
2,989 Posts
My bike came with a "lesser" brand and I was always scared it was going to slide or fail in some other fantastical way... Buy rubber from a quality brand, is my advice...

Your bike and your life deserve better than a $150 set of tires.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at the continentals as well, they are about $170 shipped. at least continentals are a "known" brand.

·
R1 it's Legendary...like MOTO
1,268 Posts
It's your choice but theres no way I'd ride my lady without the proper attire. Saving money is not worth the chance of my life and the after cost of replacing everything based on savings and chance. Spend the money on real rubber bro. Motomummy still has good deals on Q3's...check Corey out!

·
37,490 Posts
I hate michelins! Haven't tried b-stones. Only used avons, dunlops and pirellis (metzeler). :lol I pick up race takeoffs. Picked up 2 lightly used dunlop d211s 190-60 rears today for 120 bucks. Can't beat that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts