Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many of you are into NASCAR. I just got back from the Dover Down's race. It was awesome.

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Americans fascination with cars going in circles :eek: is why we don’t have any good road racing tracks. Wish we had some good tracks to watch some cool racing like Formula 1 or 500cc racing.

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
I never could understand the facination with NASCAR, IMHO, it is not a sport,... unless there is always danger of being killed. And you must turn left and right, and you must race in the rain,......what a bunch of sissy's........I just don't get it. JMO,,...and O's are like AH's...everyones got one

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
IMHO, it is not a sport,... unless there is always danger of being killed. And you must turn left and right, and you must race in the rain,......what a bunch of sissy's........I just don't get it
I hope that was a sorry attempt at humor.

So it's not a sport unless you can die?? That's the dumbest thing I've heard.....not to mention that several people have DIED racing Nascar.

The do turn left and right, there are two races each year on road courses. Sears Point & Watkins Glen.

I'm not a Nascar fan at all, but your comments are quite appaling.

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Well...OK I guess.

It's my opinion that your opinion is way out of line. :p

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Thats right dook, thats the beauty of this great country, we can agree to disagree , and you can have an opinion that says my opiniun sucks a$$ without anyone being hung by the tallest tree in the county.

later

:)

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Since everyone is giving NASCAR opinions here is mine,I think if halfway through the race you turn around and go the other way against traffic that would make it exciting. I have alot of friends into NASCAR but it is just not for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
R1_abuser said:
Wish we had some good tracks to watch some cool racing like Formula 1 or 500cc racing.
Hehe....I'll be at Indy for the GP this weekend. I hope Shumacher wrecks. :p Nothing serious. I just don't want him to finish.

I agree with your point on all the stupid oval tracks here. Boring. No skill required. Or smarts on the part of your crew.

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Like I said, I'm not a Nascar fan. However, if it takes no skill, why aren't you out there earning millions? If it's that easy, you should be out there showing us all how it's done.

While it may appear that oval racing is just "driving in circles", it takes a lot of skill. I'd be willing to bet my house, my car, & my bike, that none of you could out drive any Nascar driver on an oval or a road course. There is A LOT of skill invlolved.

I suppose you think that Dirt Track motorcycle racing is simple too?

Seriously, the non-motorsports fans of this world don't consider motorcycle racing a sport, and we all know that is wrong.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I agree it does take loads of skill it just does not excite me like motorcycle roadracing ya know

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK so maybe my "no skill" comment is a bit offbased. But from my perspective I've ran in all 3 of your standard "racing" track types. Drag, oval and road. Road on an MC and in a car. I've finished 2nd and 3rd in my respective classes (street stock) on the dragstrip and oval respectivly. I think I'd have faired a tad higher if I wasn't so down on HP. And as of yet I haven't been able to manage any consistancey on the road tracks. Well, other than finishing near the bottom. :rolleyes:

My point, being from someone with no real interest other than to try it to say I tried it, is it's not nearly as difficult to set-up to go left consistantly as it is to try to figure out a road course on a consistant basis.

I'll think myself through a litttle better next time dook.;)
And as for dirt tracking....don't know. Off-road MC'ing hasn't really grasped my attention yet. There's really nowhere for dirtbikes or flat track riding around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts