Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Member of the Bold Blue
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Setting up this thread as the go to thread for NC riders to go to and look up meet and greets, rides, and bike nights. I know some people are not into the Squadron/Club thing so this a separate thread from the Venom Squadron so that anyone can check it out, post up, and not feel obligated to join (although you should...lol).

I will update the first thread with list of regular and special events by city as well as POC's if there are one.

So if you are in NC and want to post up some event that you attend or are hosting post it up and I will try to keep this separate.

So to start this off.
Regular Events
Where - What - When - Local Rep for more Info.

Concord (Charlotte) - Quaker Steak and Lube Bike night - Wednesday - 5:00pm - 11:00pm

Jacksonville - Hooters Bike Night - Wednesday's 6:00pm - 9:00pm. - Crimson13FX4
Jacksonville - TopHats - Tuesdays

Wilmington - Britts - Wednesday - 6:00pm-7:30pm (then head over to Hooters)
Wilmington - PTS Grill (Hwy 17) - Thursday's 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Wilmington - CrazyHorse(Gentlesman Club) - Thursday

Special Events - Rides/Meet and Greets.
Deals Gap - 2010 R1/R6 Forum Convention - June 6th-13th - Convention Thread

So lets see the them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the people near charlotte Quaker Steak and Lube has a bike night every Wednesday night in Concord, People start showing up around five and last til 11 or so

·
blue blurrrr go zoom
3,397 Posts
So Britts has started their bikenight here in wilmington. 6-7:30 at Britts on market st.(i think there serve alil free food :)) At 730 everybody moves over to Hooters on market st....Keep yall posted on any other events

·
Member of the Bold Blue
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Britts has started their bikenight here in wilmington. 6-7:30 at Britts on market st.(i think there serve alil free food :)) At 730 everybody moves over to Hooters on market st....Keep yall posted on any other events
...oh yeah thats on wed.
Thanks we will have to try to make a run down there one of these weeks.

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
Does anyone ever try to do any meets/greets in the Triangle area?
Go for it. Some of us will go a good distance to meet others! :fact

·
I like Boobies....
152 Posts
Well i thought about it, but I dont know too many ppl here outside of family. And i'm FROM raleigh, NC. I wouldnt mind inviting folks to the house to grill out as its kinda hard to find a spot to "hang out" for sportbikers in the triangle area, but not if i dont know ya that well. Their is locked and loaded (cruisers almost always have it locked down) in garner and the place off falls of the neuse near the Volkswagen dealer, I forget the name, tis a lil bar. And i see a lot of ppl like hooters (there is one in rtp near the job, Airport blvd) but gah their food sux. Idk, maybe I will scope out some spots this week for a get together.

·
blue blurrrr go zoom
3,397 Posts
so the wed bike night in wilmington..they leave britts alil after 7 and go to carolina ale house..which i think is alot better than hooters!!!! I hear Hooters denied Britts...hahahahahaha...

·
blue blurrrr go zoom
3,397 Posts
the 1st friday of every month is Freaky Friday in fayetteville at the drag strip...they throw down pretty good there, its a blast..can race, hangout, cookout, party....we should all plan for 1 of these

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Raleigh (Wake Forest) and would attend if something came together. Locked and Loaded isn't that bad, we could just park by the bank and take over that side of the place. Scooters in North Raleigh has had sport bikes from time to time, it is a good crowd. We could always just do one of the Ale House's too, Cary, Wake Forest, Raleigh. etc. As long as we're not doing burnouts in the parking lot, any business would probably be glad to have a dozen people come in for a round of beers.

·
I like Boobies....
152 Posts
Hey Cooler, there aren't many of around the Triangle area but if you want to try and organize something let me know.
hmmm, i havent put much thought into a meet, especially where to go and what to do. Plus for me it would have to be a weekend thing as i work 2nd shift m-f, unless i put extra hours to get off early friday. Maybe Buffalo Wild Wings in Garner (tis off hwy 400), decent food. Ale house in Cary (but food stinks imo). Woody's in Morrisville (good food, Lots of hotties work there) they have a wall of tvs. There is a Hooters in Morrisville too, but i have never been a fan of Hooters...

Any suggestions from those in and around Raleigh?

·
Member of the Bold Blue
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmm, i havent put much thought into a meet, especially where to go and what to do. Plus for me it would have to be a weekend thing as i work 2nd shift m-f, unless i put extra hours to get off early friday. Maybe Buffalo Wild Wings in Garner (tis off hwy 400), decent food. Ale house in Cary (but food stinks imo). Woody's in Morrisville (good food, Lots of hotties work there) they have a wall of tvs. There is a Hooters in Morrisville too, but i have never been a fan of Hooters...

Any suggestions from those in and around Raleigh?
Buffalo Wild Wings, I would definately cruise up there for that.

·
Registered
724 Posts
any meetings still going down?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts