Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Just Ride it biatch!
16,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help I don't know a damn thing about computers but I need to go in a couple weeks and get a new one for the house wich brand and model should I get I want to spend any where from 600 to 1000 range.

I don't need anything very special just to browse the web girlfriend needs to do her homework and stuff but I don't want anything to sloe either I hate to have a slow computer. any Ideas would be greatly appreciated

also will need one with flat screen monitor

· PWN3R
1,366 Posts
build one

· PUERTOROCK
3,950 Posts
Maxxym said:
he says:

you say:

"build one"

:2bitchsla

DWAYNE, check out Dell.. they are pretty good and you can get a nice deal on one..
Dell is ok as long as you don't have to ever use there customer service. There customer service is in India and you'll have a bitch of a time understanding most of them.

· Rememer the Fallen Riders
922 Posts
DELL

I have always had a Dell Desktop and laptops. I won't buy anything else. Plus the pricing and financing they offer is the best. Usually ony takes about 4 days to get it too.

They are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

· WHEELIE KING-girls luvmyweiner
4,343 Posts
Im also in the market, Ive checked dell, gateway and hp. Havent decided yet but more than likely going with the dell

· Sheep dog
1,383 Posts
ibuypower.com is where I am getti ng my next one. I don't need anything but the computer itself. You can build your computer to your specs and needs.

You might be able to pick one up for the $600 range that would suit your purposes nicely if you already ahve a monitor. If ot, add another bill to the price.

· My R1 Ate your R1
1,036 Posts
IM a computer builder/network guy and trust me, you CANT buy cheaper than you build UNLESS you want alot of software. Software costs lots of $$$ and thats where buying can save you some cash. My though is a dell 2xxx series if ya dont need anything super powerfull. Its not very upgradable but they can be had so cheap with online coupons that you can afford to replace every 2 years cheaper than a 4xxx series and some upgrades. For a good source of coupons go to www.spoofee.com and watch daily for dell deals. I say buy the dell cause you obviously cant build. Even if you could figure it out (it really isnt that hard especially if ya read up a bit) you wouldnt have any tech support and that would kill ya too.

HideOut

· My R1 Ate your R1
1,036 Posts
Damnit, i posted another reply and it didnt work I guess. My other thought is to get an eMachine. They are currently the best reseller out there and can be had locally at Best Buy and places like that. The have recently been bought out by Gateway so they will likely go down the tubes but what is out right now is top notch.

HideOut

· Motorcycle Salesman
248 Posts
I shopped around like 3 months ago, and found that it depends on who has the best deals at the time. HP was the cheapest...but you pay for what you get. I narrowed it down between Dell and Gateway, and ended up getting the gateway. I got all that i wanted for under 1000. Check the deals

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.