Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Need more power
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i purchased a factory black tank cover off someone from here. the first problem is that it took 6 weeks to receive it. paypalled the money on oct 22nd and received it on dec 4th. i didnt hear from the dude for 3 weeks after i paypaled. reasonds were given (the site was down)...blah blah blah...i didnt care just send the part. took 3 more weeks after that to receive it.

ok so i finally have my "MINT" raven tank cover that i paid $80 for because it was so mint. problem...its not so mint. the overall condition of the thing is to be a core for paint as far as im concerned. theres a rub through on a corner...a couple major scratches...fine scratches all over the whole thing...and no friggin emblems :dundun:

so after telling me the scratches should rub out...he says he'll either refund some of my money or i can send it back and he'll refund it all. i asked him to paypal me the money back and ill send it the same day from my work. he doesnt wanna do that. :banghead:

on average he takes about 5 days to respond to a pm. so whats the best thing to do? what can i do? honestly i coud give 2 shits about $80 but its just the point of the whole thing. and damn have i learned my lesson to just buy new instead of saving a few bucks. what do you think this things worth in this condition? i bought a 95% mint one for my silver bike for $40...but this thing was supposed to be like new so i figured $80 was ok. if i keep it how much should i ask for back? pfff i have no use for it anyway. all my shit is show condition.

any advice is appreciated. damn i have to stop being so trusting of people :banghead:

oh and thanks to wheat as he was a big help getting the guy to pm me back :thumbup

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,260 Posts
i agree, i'd send it back and ask for a full refund including postage. thats complete BS and its sad that you had to go through this... and this is the very reason i am very hesitant to order anything off the internet

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
just name him right here right now!:fact:yesnod

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
just name him right here right now!:fact:yesnod
Damn Blu, I just read the first post and seeing as I'm at war with the world for the next few days at least, I was thinking of saying the exact same thing as you just did...

'Mint' my arse... Get it all back, plus postage, plus keeping the part as a good-will gesture. It's worth next to nothing as is.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
definately get your money back than post a thread about the sale in the members feedback section :thumbup
:stpd: sounds like the best route and just keep the mods informed on what happens.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
name and shame is the only option for peace of mind. i wouldn't put that abused crap on a suzuki!:yuk:

·
It's all about the lean angle
205 Posts
time to cough up a name and :ban: him for a little while. Honesty and promptness should go w/o needing to be said when buying and selling among your forum brothers/sisters.
Obviously it was a deception becaused he described it as "mint" and it is a diffrent four letter word "shit".
Make sure you post up in the feedback area. I don't want to buy anything from this guy. I have had good experiences from all the brothers I have traded w/ so far, and I check the feedback area before I buy.

·
Von Deutschland
1,208 Posts
If the guy wont resolve it through you, then get PayPal involved. Did you use a cash transaction or your CC through PayPal? If it was a CC, I'd give your card compay a call to retract/cancel payment for false advertising. Either way PayPal should be able to offer you some protection. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Need more power
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honesty and promptness should go w/o needing to be said when buying and selling among your forum brothers/sisters.
thats exactly what i was thinking. im on a bunch of different forums for cars and ive always thought of the people on here to be much more classy than other sites. ive purchased $1000's of used parts from people on here and always had great dealings...better than any other site ive ever been on. i guess i just got used to good dealings and let my guard down. i should have asked for a pic and i didnt. i just trusted when someone says MINT that its actually mint.

so i made one last attempt to have him paypal me the money back before i ship it back...still waiting for a response. the thing im worried about is sending it back and then he takes another 6 weeks to send me the money. its obvious that doing good dealings is not too high on his priority list. if he refuses to do that then i guess ill just send it back and if he doesnt send the money ill make a claim through paypal? the money gets taken from my bank account...not cc.

thanks a lot guys. basically i was just venting. it just really gets me when someone is dishonest like this.

as far as actions being taken...im currently discussing it with mods.

thanks everyone!

·
Need more power
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Send back and ask for all of it including postage. No way would i accept that.
see the nice guy i am? i told him id send it back and dont worry about the shipping costs. and he STILL wants the part back before refunding me.

im not sure whats the proper thing to do here. should he refund me first or should i send it back first?

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
see the nice guy i am? i told him id send it back and dont worry about the shipping costs. and he STILL wants the part back before refunding me.

im not sure whats the proper thing to do here. should he refund me first or should i send it back first?
Seeing as he's the one who falsely advertised it and you've thus far not done anything wrong, I say it's down to him to refund you BEFORE you return the cover as so far he's not proved himself trustworthy.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Did you pay with a cc through paypal? Keep the messages between you and him and the info about the "mint" condition. Send it back with tracking and tell him to paypal you whatever it is + initial shipping + shipping it back. If you don't get the money after he gets the package (give him a week or something), write to the cc company telling them you got messages and pictures of everything and you want your money back.

They'll do that and you don't have to worry about how they get the money. I had to do that for a set of wheels I got 3 months ago.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.