Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· I can't spell... deal with it!
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm transferring out of Alaska and will be trailering my bike across country. I know allot of you trailer your bikes to/from the track and would appreciate some advice as the only time I've had my bike on the trailer was when i picked it up from the barge in the factory box.

thanks for the help. and sorry if this has been asked in the past.

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
Kmac, what else do you need when using that chock? Does the bottom plate mount to your trailer?
Nothing else. Yes, the bottom plate mounts to the trailer. The two end pieces with the locking clasps on them slide in and out of place quickly when you're not trailering the bike, leaving just the plate with a couple of short fastener posts sticking up.

· Sup
17,846 Posts
Nothing else. Yes, the bottom plate mounts to the trailer. The two end pieces with the locking clasps on them slide in and out of place quickly when you're not trailering the bike, leaving just the plate with a couple of short fastener posts sticking up.
What about the frontend?

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
What about the frontend?
Don't need anything on the front. For long distance trailering you may want to add a couple of straps "just in case", but I wouldn't compress the forks any. The whole point of this restraint system is to eliminate doing anything else. The pictures don't do it justice, if you would see one for real the thing is built massively (like all Pit-Bull products). Anybody who wouldn't be satisfied with this product probably just can't be satisfied.

· The Goldenchild
4,688 Posts
Don't need anything on the front. For long distance trailering you may want to add a couple of straps "just in case", but I wouldn't compress the forks any. The whole point of this restraint system is to eliminate doing anything else. The pictures don't do it justice, if you would see one for real the thing is built massively (like all Pit-Bull products). Anybody who wouldn't be satisfied with this product probably just can't be satisfied.
I would think you would need to put some kind of straps on the front to keep the front wheel straight and planted... Like you said, not neccessarily compressing the forks, but just to keep it down on the trailer when you hit bumps and what not along the highway. Al had a similar mount (I forget who made it) on his trailer and if I remember right he said he strapped the front just for that reason, but you don't HAVE to.

· Sup
17,846 Posts

Really?? Wow. So you dont even need a chock for the front tire? Got a link to that bad boy?

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
I would think you would need to put some kind of straps on the front to keep the front wheel straight and planted... Like you said, not neccessarily compressing the forks, but just to keep it down on the trailer when you hit bumps and what not along the highway. Al had a similar mount (I forget who made it) on his trailer and if I remember right he said he strapped the front just for that reason, but you don't HAVE to.
I already had a front chock on my trailer I used along with straps/canyon dancer. I'm going to leave it, but no longer use straps.

· My Twins took all my money
2,465 Posts
I use these, nothing needed on the front.

http://www.ststands.com/standsinuse.cfm
The problem with strapless is it doesn't work on every bike.

If you have your own trailer, I use and strongly recommend Condor Bike
Stand
. This is one website, if you search you might find someone locally you carries it.

I use the trailer only model since I already had stands in the garage. The pit-stop/trailer stop is nice if you want to pull into your garage and not bother with the kick stand and not have it fall over (ex: little kids can climb up on the bike). You could also load the bike backwards with the stand if you wanted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.