Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, with the winter here to stay, the bike is ready for some mods! my questions are...as far as after market rearsets, how much more different are they from the stock ones? what are the benefits? this applies to street riding..not race track...I can see the benefit on a track..
second question...the Galfer break lines, are they easy to do? and is the breaking much more improved from the stock to the point where you will need to updated your old breaking style? All I really want is to change the breaklines to red, to match the tire stripes, but don't want to pay the $150 or so for them, is there any other alternative?

· Registered
1,481 Posts
Ok guys, with the winter here to stay, the bike is ready for some mods! my questions are...as far as after market rearsets, how much more different are they from the stock ones? what are the benefits? this applies to street riding..not race track...I can see the benefit on a track..
second question...the Galfer break lines, are they easy to do? and is the breaking much more improved from the stock to the point where you will need to updated your old breaking style? All I really want is to change the breaklines to red, to match the tire stripes, but don't want to pay the $150 or so for them, is there any other alternative?

depends on what rearsets u get some are fixed and some are adjustable! i would get the adjustable ones being that u can move them to your likeing and u can raise them up and back for more clearance for track use if needed. the brake lines are nice because ruber is flexable especially when warm like in the summer time! the steal lines dont flex because its still and they are gonna give u more consistency and initial bite!

· 18x HP literbike killer
3,787 Posts
I just got adjustable Vortex on my 07, they are not expensive, light, and strong as hell(no folding peg, so when you go down, they protect the bike), GP shift option in seconds, and way grippier pegs than anything I have ever seen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.