Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
There was a thread not too long ago about this very thing that had a fix in it. Unfortunately, I don't recall the fix.

Have you tried modifying your video settins?

·
My R1 belongs to someone else!
483 Posts
Most of the time if you are using a notebook with an external hooked up and you have the option to extend my desktop onto this monitor selected then your screen is spread over both the external and intergrated screen, if this is the case, uncheck this feature or make sure the external is the only screen active, but if they are both active you can take the windows media player window and drag off of screen to external

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
You might try cycling through your video modes. On a Dell, for example, there is a blue Fn key near the Ctrl key. Fn+F5 will cycle through:

LCD only
LCD+monitor output
monitor output only

The video card may be having a tough time sending video to both lcd and monitor. Try just monitor output and see how that goes.

·
T-Raven
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EarlThePearl said:
You might try cycling through your video modes. On a Dell, for example, there is a blue Fn key near the Ctrl key. Fn+F5 will cycle through:

LCD only
LCD+monitor output
monitor output only

The video card may be having a tough time sending video to both lcd and monitor. Try just monitor output and see how that goes.
that worked. thanks:thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts