Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
perpetual 15 minute break...
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got stuck in a journalism class this year because my school sucks at scheduling so for one of my articles I'd like to do something about how it's often the RIDER's fault not the BIKE's fault when bikers crash (i.e. bikes are not dangerous, people are). Somehow I want to get the point across that it's usually someone either A.) riding beyond their skill level B.) Riding a bike that's too fast for someone with their experience or C.) Some stupid cager cut them off or pulled out in front of them... the only problem is I can't seem to find good crash statistics about motorcycles with details such as whether or not it was a cager's fault, if the biker was driving very wrecklessly, etc. Does anyone have access to these types of statistics or know where I can find them?

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
You know, it's funny you should ask. Here is my post from last week. So if you find out anyting, or I come across anything I will drop you a line.

Ok, here's the mission. I am a full time student in college taking a public speaking class. We have just been given a problem to solve as small groups. Our groups problem is that of distractions to driver's and the effects. This will not concentrate strictly on motorcycle implications but I plan on working some of that into the final presentation. I have been given the job of graphics design for the group. basically, I have to put together a powerpoint presentation on our project. I want to have something that will really drive the point home to these people that everyday distractions are a serious problem that needs to be addressed. I don't have alot of experience with powerpoint so I would greatly! appreciate some suggestions and/or statistics, really anything that could get these people to wake up and take notice. Thanks in advance for your help.
James

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:hellobye

I've crashed about 10 times and it has been stupid rider error every single time... Sorry I cannot be of more help...

- BA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts