Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, do any of you have any experience with exhaust from a company called
DELKEVIC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-R1-Y...:2007|Make:Yamaha&hash=item27d094b5d2&vxp=mtr

I am looking for Slip-on cans for my 07, but I can't afford anything too expensive right now. I found some slip-on mini cans on Ebay, but I am not familiar with that company, and I can't find any reviews outside of Ebay

any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

· Lucky 13 X/O
1,178 Posts
Why change? GYTR are tuned for the bike. A little heavy, but good quality with good performance numbers. Why go to a company that just produces generic slip ons? Don't take it as bashing, just asking.

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why change? GYTR are tuned for the bike. A little heavy, but good quality with good performance numbers. Why go to a company that just produces generic slip ons? Don't take it as bashing, just asking.
The main reason I want to change the GYTR is because, when I bought the bike it came with the GYTR exhaust, but it looks like the exhaust is from 04-06 models and it was chopped plus they used OEM end caps from the stock exhaust rather than the GYTR end caps, and it looks kind of wack.
Take a look at these pictures and give me your opinions:

Attachments

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
I can see why it bothers you... I don't think they look bad. It just looks like somethings not fit right... I still don't know that I'd get rid of those and pick up a "budget pipe" personally.

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can see why it bothers you... I don't think they look bad. It just looks like somethings fit right... I still don't know that I'd get rid of those and pick up a "budget pipe" personally.
I agree Bro.
maybe if I could get the original end caps for the GYTR I would be happier.
would you have any idea where I can look for the end caps ?

I have looked on Ebay and other places, but I can't find them.
I even thought about painting them, but I just don't know if that would make it look better or worse.

· Registered
2,185 Posts
i was thinking the same thing until I seen the gytr's. Those are jacked! If you like the looks of the dans I'd get them, that thing is not worth fixing and find gytr tips is gonna be tricky I'd think. Performance wise you're not going to notice anything between those Frankensteins and the dans. Another good option is to look for a good condition used set of pipes if you have a little more to spend

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was thinking the same thing until I seen the gytr's. Those are jacked! If you like the looks of the dans I'd get them, that thing is not worth fixing and find gytr tips is gonna be tricky I'd think. Performance wise you're not going to notice anything between those Frankensteins and the dans. Another good option is to look for a good condition used set of pipes if you have a little more to spend
Yeah , I agree with you, that is why I am leaning towards the Dans, Obviously only R1 riders notice things like this, but it does bother me.

I really don't want to spend over $300 right now, that is why I like the Dans that you indicated before.

14,358 Posts
I wouldn't even have an idea of where to find just the GYTR caps... I'll do some diggin around for ya though.

I do agree with what Papawle said about not worth fixing. That is of course unless it would cost next to nothing... But I sure wouldn't dump much money in to trying to make those look "right"

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wouldn't even have an idea of where to find just the GYTR caps... I'll do some diggin around for ya though.

I do agree with what Papawle said about not worth fixing. That is of course unless it would cost next to nothing... But I sure wouldn't dump much money in to trying to make those look "right"
I am almost tempted to remove the end caps and go without them....hahahaha

14,358 Posts
I can't find anything online for end caps either... All I find is for the pipes GYTR makes for dirtbikes for the end cap stuff.

It's a bummer you can't just bend those cans upwards another inch or so

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.