Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some VooDoo rear sets that I am trying to install on an 07 R1.. The right side was very easy.. However, I can't figure out the left side and the instructions are horrible.

I have tried searching for guides but none exist.. Can anyone help?

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Can you post any pictures to help us out a bit?

· Registered
1,600 Posts
it should install like any other rearset. it shouldnt be gp unless you already had it that way. heres an install video of the driven rear sets. the left side is in the beginning of the video like 3 minutes in. this should give you some idea of what your doing, cause i have a feeling you just got turned around somewhere with the shift rod. hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0PBGeC6V5g

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it should install like any other rearset. it shouldnt be gp unless you already had it that way. heres an install video of the driven rear sets. the left side is in the beginning of the video like 3 minutes in. this should give you some idea of what your doing, cause i have a feeling you just got turned around somewhere with the shift rod. hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0PBGeC6V5g
What is he mounting the shift lever to? Thats where im lost

14,358 Posts
Yeah that video should be everything you need. Makes it really simple. It really is simple, I just think you got turned around somewhere as well :thumbup I'll look at pictures in a few minutes.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

14,358 Posts
I requested access to pictures :dunno:

14,358 Posts
Wait... I think I see what you're talking about. I'm going to apply my awesome paint skills real quick.. Hang tight :thumbup

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.