Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a craigslist ad for a bike for sale. Price is low, miles are low, bike is super clean. I contacted the seller and he said he does not have the pink slip, he has an acquisition number and a bill of sale. Anyone have experience with this? I don't mind if the bike was junked/salvaged and restored. It's a dual sport and will be used for those purposes.

After he told me all of this, i stopped texting him, assuming that he just stole the bike or something. But, this morning, he told me he has two bikes for sale now, both low miles, low price and super clean that he is willing to sell me for very cheap. He said the other bike DOES have a pink slip. I ran the VIN on both of them and nothing comes up on the DMV website. He said that's because they're not registered with the DMV yet. I'm extremely confused. I don't want to get ripped off and find out these are stolen bikes. Again, I don't mind if they were junked and then restored, as long as I can keep them and register them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The two bikes for sale:

1988 Yamaha XT 250 - 500 miles, very clean, no pink slip - $650

1983 Honda XR250 - 5,000 miles, very clean, does have pink slip, registration expired May last year (i don't mind paying back fees) - $800

He is willing to sell me both for $1,200.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
Scuuuba_Steve
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing