Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recieved the damper today and well.. I know this much. I should remove to the top bolt on the steering crown. But the rest is a mystery.

Help me out! I've attached a picture with the parts that I got.

·
GO FAST!!!!!!:-)
26 Posts
Hello swedie.

I'm also going to get me a steering damper from Öhlins to the next season. and i'm wonder how much u have to pay for it in Sweden? in Norway its pretty expensive.
4-5000 nok. maybe its cheaper to take a trip to østersund. it only take me a couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it second hand from England mate.. for 1500kr. ($150 or £95-100).

maxprimal: thanks for the serious answer. :lol

Come on! I really wanna fit this thing to my bike.

It has the Harris 916 fitting kit.

·
Farkin' hero blobs!
1,272 Posts
Hi R1T,

I bought mine new in Sweden for 4600sek. But that was before the ownership changed. Now it goes for about 5200sek.( I think thats why the price gor up). The price included mounting.

·
My R1 eats tires.
37 Posts
Swedie
I got my Ohlins steering damper in today and the mounting hardware looks different then the hardware you shown in your attachment. Is the mounting hardware you have for a R1?:eek:

·
Registered
206 Posts
R1ART said:
Swedie
I got my Ohlins steering damper in today and the mounting hardware looks different then the hardware you shown in your attachment. Is the mounting hardware you have for a R1?:eek:
Swedie's hardware is made by Harris . You know the ones that dont rub on the top of the steering stem :D .

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts