Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yumm. R1 taste so good
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, newbie to this forum. I am in the market for a newer bike. Not specifically an R-1, but I came across this deal (owned by an experienced rider). He is just trying to get rid of his toy inventory.
2004 R1
10.5k miles with the following mods
full titanium TiForce exhaust
Power Commander
Speedohealer
Puig windscreen
a couple of other cosmetic mods. Very clean, clean title, no scratches, never been dropped( at least it does not appear). Has all documentation of services.
For $5,600. Is this a good deal?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Hey everyone, newbie to this forum. I am in the market for a newer bike. Not specifically an R-1, but I came across this deal (owned by an experienced rider). He is just trying to get rid of his toy inventory.
2004 R1
10.5k miles with the following mods
full titanium TiForce exhaust
Power Commander
Speedohealer
Puig windscreen
a couple of other cosmetic mods. Very clean, clean title, no scratches, never been dropped( at least it does not appear). Has all documentation of services.
For $5,600. Is this a good deal?
Thanks
Yeah, if it's never been crashed that's a great deal. Especially if it's the faster silver color.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
I guess the miles are concerning me just a bit. Anything I should look out for? He is got fresh tires on it, so i can't really see how it was ridden.
miles aren't bad at all. I have an 04 an have 8,000+ miles and it's running stronger each year. Check to see if the brake fluid is black or looks clear. If he maintains his bike as claimed that would be a good indication of it. Most people can change oil easy enough but brake fluid is slightly more difficult and a lot of people won't do it just because it's daunting to them. A person who REALLY takes care of his bike will make sure his brake fluid is good. Other than that, make sure it's not dog tracking and that the wheels spin straight with no wobble, chain and sprocket shouldn't be overly worn. (like teeth are just nubs)

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
13,996 Posts
I guess the miles are concerning me just a bit. Anything I should look out for? He is got fresh tires on it, so i can't really see how it was ridden.
Great deal, don't worry about the milage, I had 16,800 on my 02 before I sold it and it ran perfect. I think I could have put another 30,000 on the motor. If you don't buy it PM me with the guys phone number.

·
Ginger's Pillar of Strength
801 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned about the miles as you mention he has a "toy inventory". If you have multiple bikes, you can only ride one at a time. Thereby keeping general miles down across all "toys". :)
Even if you do find some problems with it down the road, you could still put a couple of pennies in to it and still come out on top.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. 10000 miles on an 04 is not bad at all.

·
Super Moderator
21,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum. For those mods he has $5600 is one hell of a deal for an '04. I'd jump all over it. Offer him 5K and he might even come down a little more. 10K is nothing. I had over 17K on my '03 when I sold it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.