Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to this forum, at least with respect to posting a thread, so I would greatly appreciate any assistance from a few of the many very knowledgeable people who may see this. I went down last July and have just recently started repairing the bike. It slid into a parked vehicle. The nose was destroyed, but nothing from the triple back. Had to replace the battery. I did a coolant flush, as well as an oil change. The bike started in the shop in the shop on several occasions. After a few starts though, it took longer for it to fire up.
This got worse over the next couple starts, until finally, not starting at all. It turns over strong, but just wont start. I was thinking that perhaps it was fuel related being that this gas was about 8 months old. I drained it but the bike still wont start. I'd changed the plugs about 2 years ago so I can't see it being related. Also not, the front portion of the wire harness (connecting near rad cap) is missing as I'm rebuilding due to a few busted connectors. PLEASE lend any knowledge you have, as it is greatly appreciated. :jump:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts