Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Speed is bliss!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Happy Holidays To All,

Second, Does anyone know or have a photo of the cyclinder or on the 2004
R1 engine? I am attempting to install some Arrow headers to make my exhaust a full system and the problem is when it came it had know direction, just the warranty info. The four pipes are label 1 thru 4 and the connectiing pipes are labeled 1-2 and 3-4, but I do not know which cylinder is which! I have looked in my manual that I downloaded years ago, but it makes know mention of cylinder order. If anyone know please advise. Which sides is #1 and is it 1,2,3,4 order or some other variant? All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Chirstmas to all.

Shane

·
Speed is bliss!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys, as a follow up, has anybody installed arrow headers before? Mine came with now directions so what I am trying to figure out is how to attach to the exhaust ports. I place the new gaskets the spacer/coupler assembly and installed bolts, but exhaust pipes just slide off. Are they supposed to be held on by the springs only? If so why, what the use of the coupler? Anyone have pictures of how it should look. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Shane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.