Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have a 2007 r1. It will not start it is saying code 12 which is the crankshaft position sensor. I have tried just saying crank sensor and crankshaft sensor everything i can think of but nothing comes up when u Google it trying to buy one. Is there another name for it or is it the same as the camshaft sensor or am i just missing something or does anyone know where i can get one or what the part number is or what it's called or just any help at all would be appreciated cuz I'm stumped...

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,737 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it bro but i have that manual already i can't find where it says part numbers but it calls it a Crankshaft Position sensor too so i think something is going over my head i can't understand it cause when u Google that nothing comes up only camshaft position sensors and it don't look like mine

·
Registered
289 Posts
Does the bike start when you bump it?

Does it crank and not start, or doesn't crank at all?

A burnt startet motor can throw a code 12 sometimes.

The crank sensor might be dirty or stuck in an odd position that makes it throw a code also. Bumping should sort this out.

The sensor itself is on the right side of the crank case. You'll see a wire running out of the smaller crank case cover. That's for the sensor. Open up that little case cover, and you'll find the bugger underneath.

Sent from my SM-A205F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The motor will crank over but it won't start. It's like it's just out of gas. To give a little back story: it wouldn't do anything to start with. Turn key on hit the button the engine light would flash and it wouldn't do anything it said code 12. I took the crank sensor out cleaned it still nothing. Then i jumped the selinoid and it started. So i replaced the selinoid. Started up perfectly ran rode it for an hour or two started up ten times probably. Then all of a sudden going down the road it died. Rolled into a gas station and it fired right back up. Took off and it died again hasn't started since. 12 is the only code it's showing so I'm assuming it's the crank sensor. But i cannot find it anywhere. If u just Google crank sensor 07 yamaha r1 NOTHING comes up. So my question is how do u order one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd say check the parts list in the service manual. Or look up the part on bike bandit. Either will yell you the part number and you can use that to search for the part. Or you could just order it from bike bandit when you fine it on there

Sent from my SM-A205F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think any of you are understanding. I HAVE CHECKED THE MANUAL LOOKED THRU HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF PAGES. I'VE SCOURED THE INTERNET FOR DAYS I'VE LOOKED AT EVERY SINGLE PART ON PARTZILLA. I CANNOT FIND A CRANK POSITION SENSOR ANYWHERE NO PART NUMBER NO PICTURE NO NOTHING. I have to be missing something and i don't know what it is but it's not looking thru the manual or on any website cuz I've done that for days. I need a part number or a website that has it or the proper name for it or something. I need someone that has ordered one of these before cuz there's something to this

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think any of you are understanding. I HAVE CHECKED THE MANUAL LOOKED THRU HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF PAGES. I'VE SCOURED THE INTERNET FOR DAYS I'VE LOOKED AT EVERY SINGLE PART ON PARTZILLA. I CANNOT FIND A CRANK POSITION SENSOR ANYWHERE NO PART NUMBER NO PICTURE NO NOTHING. I have to be missing something and i don't know what it is but it's not looking thru the manual or on any website cuz I've done that for days. I need a part number or a website that has it or the proper name for it or something. I need someone that has ordered one of these before cuz there's something to this

·
Registered
289 Posts
Quit the yelling. I checked bike bandit and found it in a minute or two. It's part 27 on electricals 2. If you can't recognize something you've cleaned, and lose it this quickly when you're stuck, you might want to hand your bike over to someone else to fix.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like i said this been going on for weeks lol so it aint quickly and didn't mean to sound like i was yelling just tryna get my point across. 27 on electrucal. 2 is a harness not a sensor. I know exactly what it looks like that's not it but thanks for trying to help bro

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has to be called something else. Cuz if you Google 07 r1 Crankshaft Position sensor the only thing that comes up is cam sensors and 09-12r1 crank sensors. There's not even a picture of one much less a place to order it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
4 Participants
milheim05
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing