Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might try to work out a deal with this dealership called Foward Motion Motorcycles. They basically specialize in selling used or fixed up motorcycles, basically they are what is known a "bike chop shop." does anyone know anything about them or have any experiences doing business with them? any input will be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I bought my first bike (R6) from Forward Motion. The motor started to make a funny sound, so three months later, I took it back and traded it for my 2000 R1 (+$1000 more). That was a year and a half ago. Since then,,,, I've had to replace the motor (lost compression), the forks (bent), the shock (no good), the chain and sprocket, the front axle (bent), front bearings (cause the bike didnt have a front axle spacer).:mad: Forward Motion has some good deals,, but be careful. Inspect the bike as best you can or you're gonna be replacing some stuff later down the line

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
daddy_do_rite said:
I bought my first bike (R6) from Forward Motion. The motor started to make a funny sound, so three months later, I took it back and traded it for my 2000 R1 (+$1000 more). That was a year and a half ago. Since then,,,, I've had to replace the motor (lost compression), the forks (bent), the shock (no good), the chain and sprocket, the front axle (bent), front bearings (cause the bike didnt have a front axle spacer).:mad: Forward Motion has some good deals,, but be careful. Inspect the bike as best you can or you're gonna be replacing some stuff later down the line

Damn that sucks!!!!:no

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
daddy_do_rite said:
damn that sucks, I'll try to be very careful. Thank you very much for your input, I really appreciate it. :riding

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sounds like one of those hole in the wall dealers that buy salvaged bikes, fixes them up and sells them.

I'd steer clear.........just my .02 cents

Tarl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts