Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
i was actually wondering the same thing the other day, as i looped my r6 and bent the rear wheel, and since my r1 is away for the winter i was going to try and temporary swap the r1 rear wheel onto the r6, but havnt had the time to look further into it yet. i do know the sprockets are different, 6 bolt pattern to a 5, and the same with the rotor. but those were the only things i could visually see without taking the r1 wheel off. not sure if they have anything to do with the actual dimensions of the wheel itself, but maybe that will help you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was actually wondering the same thing the other day, as i looped my r6 and bent the rear wheel, and since my r1 is away for the winter i was going to try and temporary swap the r1 rear wheel onto the r6, but havnt had the time to look further into it yet. i do know the sprockets are different, 6 bolt pattern to a 5, and the same with the rotor. but those were the only things i could visually see without taking the r1 wheel off. not sure if they have anything to do with the actual dimensions of the wheel itself, but maybe that will help you.
Thanks.:bow

·
Registered
385 Posts
it wont work unless you change the sprockets i bought a set of r6 wheels over the summer because my rear wheel lost a bearing... long story but anyways when I went to install it i was informed by a local tech that it wouldnt work w/o changeing sprockets and also the brake rotor on the r6 rear wheel is too small to go in an r1 also the rims are diffrent sizes the r6 isnt as wide as the r1. I still have the r6 wheels w/ front and rear rotors if anyone needs a set they are in great shape and can get pics if you want pm me if you need want em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.