Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gents!!!

I am looking to purchase a r1, since some asshole stole my other r1!!! I’m correctly looking at a 07 r1 with 17 k miles on it for 6900firm . Guy wanted 7500 I got him down to 6900$ but he won’t budge at all from 6900. I don’t blame him since bike has a bunch of goodies. Currently he has installed brembo master cylinder brembo rotors front and back, full graves exhaust with pc with professional dyno tune and custom map, quick shifter steering damper , ohlins front and rear suspension and a bunch of carbon fiber pieces. He claims bike has 182hp on pump gas. Bike look like it was well maintained. The issue I’m having is the guy will not allow me to test ride the bike even with cash in hand. And all sales are final! Now I understand his worries however I’m fully endorsed and been racing/riding/stunting for well over 10 years. The guy coaches riders and was using this bike for ppl to shadow him I guess around the track. He says it has never been dropped not even knocked over and he is the only owner of the bike ever. He also put forged wiesco pistons in at 10k miles. So I’m not sure if I should take it or run!! The only ever time I bought a bike without test riding was when I bought a yz250 and later found out the crank seal was bad. So please anyone help me make my decisions. Any advise will be greatly appreciated!!

·
I miss my R1
3,293 Posts
Just my opinion, but If you've got cash in hand, he's got a reason for why not to let you ride it.

I would never buy a bike, new or used, without having ridden it first.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
While the mod list is nice, that still feels pricey to me. I guess if you really wanted all that stuff it's not totally bad.
That said I would never buy a used bike I can't test.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello ladies and gents!!!

I am looking to purchase a r1, since some asshole stole my other r1!!! I’m correctly looking at a 07 r1 with 17 k miles on it for 6900firm . Guy wanted 7500 I got him down to 6900$ but he won’t budge at all from 6900. I don’t blame him since bike has a bunch of goodies. Currently he has installed brembo master cylinder brembo rotors front and back, full graves exhaust with pc with professional dyno tune and custom map, quick shifter steering damper , ohlins front and rear suspension and a bunch of carbon fiber pieces. He claims bike has 182hp on pump gas. Bike look like it was well maintained. The issue I’m having is the guy will not allow me to test ride the bike even with cash in hand. And all sales are final! Now I understand his worries however I’m fully endorsed and been racing/riding/stunting for well over 10 years. The guy coaches riders and was using this bike for ppl to shadow him I guess around the track. He says it has never been dropped not even knocked over and he is the only owner of the bike ever. He also put forged wiesco pistons in at 10k miles. So I’m not sure if I should take it or run!! The only ever time I bought a bike without test riding was when I bought a yz250 and later found out the crank seal was bad. So please anyone help me make my decisions. Any advise will be greatly appreciated!!
Ask him to ride bike to dealer and have it looked at

·
Registered
101 Posts
Price a little high for that mileage. In terms of goodies, theres basically brakes and an exhaust. Not much more. And not giving a test ride, is like sticking your pole into a dark hole without knowing whats on the other side

1 - 8 of 8 Posts