Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to replace my can I rashed. The mid pipe is in perfect shape so what Im thinking is I will just get another can and replace it at the springs. Theres one on ebay for cheap but its for an R6. I cant find out if the mid pipes on both bikes are the same diameter where they connect at the springs. Anyone have any sources?........

Heres what I have on my 02 R1......

Auto part Exhaust system Muffler Wheel Tire

Heres the one Im trying to find out if it will work or not......Its off a what I think is a 04 R6.....

Auto part Muffler Exhaust system

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
02/03 link pipe diameter is 60 mm, I believe the R6 is 56mm or 58mm, you need to concentrate on used R1 exhaust canisters, or you can buy MotoGP canisters seperately (without the link pipe) which would save you some :dollar

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
02/03 link pipe diameter is 60 mm, I believe the R6 is 56mm or 58mm, you need to concentrate on used R1 exhaust canisters, or you can buy MotoGP canisters seperately (without the link pipe) which would save you some :dollar
:stpd:

I agree, there is a size difference and it's made for the R6 so it may sound :scared

There are alot of people changing pipes all the time, fellow forum members should have something for your setup.

:thumbup

Good luck with the repairs

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Yoshi and just some info on their pipes. All of them after 01 are 2 1/4". So you can swap out any can from a 600 or 1000......

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love ebay, I found the exact replacement I was looking for $90...... Heres the pic from ebay. Ill post some more once I mount it up.....

Muffler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.