Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boobs r cool
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on either a full Yoshimura Tri oval system...or just a slip on. I love to haul ass and love canyon running...so whatda you guys think? I dont plan on going on the track.thx!

·
Registered
785 Posts
The stock system is supposed to be loud (97db). For reference, most Ti-Force systems are 98db (the Ti-Force system for the 04 R1 is 102db).

You might want to think twice before changing the system. Someone has posted the results of removing the plastic shroud and it looks very good.

However, there may be a performance and safety benifit to going with a full system that smooths the power delivery. The Akra does this at $2400 - possibly the Graves - Ti-Force also. We need to see dyno results on the systems.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Full System :thumbup

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
YellowSnow said:
I'm trying to decide on either a full Yoshimura Tri oval system...or just a slip on. I love to haul ass and love canyon running...so whatda you guys think? I dont plan on going on the track.thx!
Think Outside the Box -

Sato Racing TI slip-on, incredable build quality/fit, excellent low/mid-range, unbelievably throaty sound from idle to WOT

Higher upsweep on pipe looks the works, combined with hand bent TI link pipe & TI can band, and optional TI hanger

Plus forum member "Windchasers" shop (GP-Nation) & Dan Kyle are both near you as well as Sato Racing, Inc., so it should make for a speedy delivery

KneeDraggers also distributes them now, as well.

For higher resolution pics check my webpage, link below-
http://home.comcast.net/~rorlow32886/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Attachments

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
I'm VERY impressed with my Arata Full Ti system, you can find one for under 1000. Sounds mean!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts