Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low-sided at low speed, but front wheel was first to hit raised (5' high) dirt/earth berm off shoulder of road.

Want to do a quick litmust test to see if I've tucked the front any. Below you will see a pic of the distance between my front tire and the chin of the lower (stock) fairing. What type of measurements are you guys coming up with? Note in the pic how/where I measured, so comparing apples to apples - front wheel straight, looking straight on, not from the side at all - I'm getting around 1 3/8".

thanks,

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
fully compress forks anything off r bent will show as binding up. raise front end off ground with suitable stand check steering head bearings turn left right, and try to get it to pop back and forth ..it shouln't pop..steering should be free either way...don't measure to the chin ..measure axle to axle btw

·
Out of place adventure rider
2,682 Posts
laubin said:
fully compress forks anything off r bent will show as binding up. raise front end off ground with suitable stand check steering head bearings turn left right, and try to get it to pop back and forth ..it shouln't pop..steering should be free either way...don't measure to the chin ..measure axle to axle btw
yeah, those are all good checks....axle to axle won't work for comparision....( rear axle adj. for the chain slack would throw it off from what someone else may measure) there are a few other measurements he could check as well, but sounds like he just wanted a quick check for anything major....

GMD computrack has a service, that would be the best way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts