Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
F the BS Im going racing
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the deal i am trying to squeeze some more power out of the 1 so i came up with a plan
graves slide stops
graves velocity stacks
BoxR ramair box
then have it all custom mapped
there are 2 shops that can do it
one shop that i do not trust says all this is a good plan and the bike will make great power other shop that i kinda trust says the stacks and stops wont help and a new custom map will only give me 2 hp
so what do i do
i dont wana buy parts i dont need but i wana beat me some busa's

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
Well the stops won't give you power and the stacks are marginal for smoothing out the curve.

The stops will help give you better throttle response for any loss of power due to the ram-air/full exhaust.

·
My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,123 Posts
Take a ride out to Tampa one day and I'll map your bike for you. I'm all about the R1's ;) $100 and you'll be on your way. Just let me know, if and when you want to do it.

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
Do you know anyone in Colorado that kicks ass with custom maps?:dunno

·
180 MPH is a very lonely place
45 Posts
Beat me some 'busa's????

You'll never beat you no 'Busa's in their natural habitat....that is looong straights at 185 MPH and above.....but in the other 99% of the spectrum and to be honest the place where we all live you'll find those ugly girls somewhere in your mirror so i wouldn't worry too much about it....Horses for courses and all that.........

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
:confused: why up 1 in front... and 2 down in back??

·
F the BS Im going racing
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry wrote my sig wrong i was typing to fast its down 1 up 2 i fixed it now i just did the sprockets last thursday going out to the track on wednsday to see what they do

DogboneR1 you are a life saver i will deffinately have you do my map is there a number i can reach you at to talk to you about it
thanks
speedy

·
My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,123 Posts
InThe9's said:
sorry wrote my sig wrong i was typing to fast its down 1 up 2 i fixed it now i just did the sprockets last thursday going out to the track on wednsday to see what they do

DogboneR1 you are a life saver i will deffinately have you do my map is there a number i can reach you at to talk to you about it
thanks
speedy
You gots a PM!:hellobye :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts