Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
go, going, gone
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...How do you connect your neon lights to your bike.. andy smart ideas? so that you don't take a lot of power fom the battery!

THank you!

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
2,467 Posts
Use LED's, less space and less power.:fact

·
Drop a Gear and Disappear!
32 Posts
led's are a good way to go that's what i did on my last bike. I actually had best buy do all the hard work like rigging it all up and they did an awesome job of it. They installed a toggle switch up by my guages and hid all the wiring very well. Cost me about 100 bucks.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
aero said:
...How do you connect your neon lights to your bike.. andy smart ideas? so that you don't take a lot of power fom the battery!

THank you!
Can you say PoPo Magnet :yesnod

I'd advise against the use of them on the street, nothing like drawing attention from the wrong source :yesnod

·
The Holy One!!
120 Posts
Here is what I did on my 02 R1. Added custom turn signals and LEDs all over with our Gator Glass to hid it. All the glass is flush and looks part of the panel, also have more pics if you would like to see just pm me. Also this can be put anywhere on a bike with any logo.

Attachments

·
The Holy One!!
120 Posts
Also did my helmet. Works off a small switch hidden inside the helmet and the battery will run the lights for 50 hours and even then the battery can be replaced easy. Just so ya know LEDs take only .2 volts to run and will not break like neon tubes also I use plasma tubes in my bike and they will hold up way better than neons.

Attachments

·
The Holy One!!
120 Posts
Ok first our Gator Glass is patent protected by Gator Customs so I can't tell you how we do it :( but if you want to get it done I can give you the website and you can get it done. I don't want to put the web site on here cause I got yelled at for advertising hahah. Thanks I am glad you like the bike. So just pm me and I will give the site unless the mod says its ok to post the site on here????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts