Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
katuuuge!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, my neutral light does not go on. i dont know if it's the bulb or the switch.

the bike starts in neutral with the kickstand down and me NOT pulling in the clutch lever

it starts in neutral when the kickstand is up with me NOT pulling in the clutch lever also

bike starts normally when i pull in the clutch in neutral and with gear engaged.

also, i can take off in 1st gear with the kickstand down, very bad.

is this a switch problem? i know there are two wires that connect to the stock clutch lever but the bike came with some generic shorty lever and there's a 20amp fuse connecting the two wires now.

bad kickstand switch? something wrong with the neutral switch? help me please!

·
My R1 used to eat me!!
313 Posts
The fuse connecting the clutch lever switch is just so you can start the bike with the different levers on.
As for the sidestand......i would check the wiring for that as well.....being able to ride away with the sidestand down is not good news

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
your cluth and kickstand swithes are bypassed.
first , check if the kickstand switch is still there (i also did kickstand baypass and removed the switch completely).
if its there ,there should be a plug to it ,witch is probably disconnected ,the other side of the plug (main harness) is probably shorted .reconnect the switch to its plug and remove the shorting wire/fuse .
if u'll fix that it will be much easier to troubleshoot the neutral problem.

if u want to fix the neutral leaving the kickstand baypassed :
theres a single wire comming from the back of the engine -this is the neutral sensor (there are 2 sensors there , the round plastik one is speed sensor, dont touch it).
check the switch with a multemetter (continuity check,connect the other wire form the multimetter to the engine block).

·
katuuuge!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the neutral wire...is that right above the chain on the transmission? it's hard to explain but it's screwed in with a regular screw. you said it was a single wire and it is.

i fixed my kickstand problem. the previous owner just turned the switch the other way so the button wouldnt be pressed in. but now i cant start the bike unless the kickstand is up

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well as for the kickstand, that is how it is supposed to work, The neutral switch does have a screw in it. But it also has a 14mm head. Unplug the wire from under the fuel tank and then turn it out. Once out plug it back in and ground it out on the frame and see if you can get it to start in N. It sounds like you have a faulty switch. Also you may just ground out the wire to see if it is working at all, the light that is.

·
katuuuge!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright! got it fixed. it was a female dog to take out though. the sensor tab wasnt even moving. lucky the dealer had one in stock but not on official record, so i bought the guy lunch and he gave me the part and a discount on some clothes. sweet!

thanks everyone for your help :D

·
My R1 used to eat me!!
313 Posts
glad you got it sorted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.