1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:
Got my new R1 today

In the book for settings everything says press Reset, or Select
I tried setting shift light and no luck. Anwyays i tried setting anything and no luck.

Folowed everything in the Manual, the guys at the shop could not figure it out.

Please help me with this. I dont want the damm thing to come on at 7000rpm all sumer. PLus the you can set the damm light for when it come son and for when it comes off.

Hope to get help.

Thanks

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
someone correct me if Im wrong but it was my understanding that you cannot change the shift light setting without having a tech. hook the bike up to a computer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, you can change the shift light setting without a tech. Just follow the instructions in the manual. You need to turn the bike off, hold down the select button, and then turn the bike on. Keep holding the select button for a few seconds and the bike will drop into settings mode. You can page through the settings by hitting the select button and make changes by hitting the reset button.

If this is what you were doing and it's not working, your bike is defective. If this isn't what you're doing, then you need to read the manual more carefully.

·
'04 Blue Angel
20 Posts
Right on "exhondaguy"...you are absolutly right!! I set my tach on my R1 to come on @12500 because the factory setting of 7000 rpm's was a bit tooooo low....just annoying during break-in. Just press and HOLD "select" until the fuel pump makes its cool little noises...and you are in program mode....simply press reset to advance to the next setting...shift light on...shift light off....HUD brightness...shift light brightness...etc. Also, remember to press "reset" to change any settings once in program mode.
(Press and HOLD "reset" while turning on the key, count to five (seconds) and release...you are in program mode.

·
Speed & Style
282 Posts
Is the procedure same for an 02? I bought mine used and wasn't aware of the fact that those thing could be changed.

·
Speed & Style
282 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
Question, what bike experience have you had in the past...your 20 and have a $11k bike?? whats the catch?
Are you asking me?:dunno
I'm almost 27 (May) and I bought the 02 used last November. Before that was an F4I and my first bike was SV650.

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
cobra-r1 said:
Are you asking me?:dunno
I'm almost 27 (May) and I bought the 02 used last November. Before that was an F4I and my first bike was SV650.
Nah man, Im talking to the noobie. look at his pro. hes 19 or 20 this year and has a $11k bike. I dont get it.:dunno
Canadian too, thats probably more the $11k US

·
Beating a dead horse.
4,011 Posts
its $14 899 up here IP. thats about 500 dollars more than it is down in the States if you do the conversion...

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
redneck1089 said:
its $14 899 up here IP. thats about 500 dollars more than it is down in the States if you do the conversion...
you see that shit? How is a 19 year old owning a R1?
i know, im seriously jelous, but Have his mooching ass move out at 17 and work his whole damn life instead of sucking on moms big fat titty!!1:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I want my R1:cryin

·
Registered
261 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
you see that shit? How is a 19 year old owning a R1?
i know, im seriously jelous, but Have his mooching ass move out at 17 and work his whole damn life instead of sucking on moms big fat titty!!1:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I want my R1:cryin
Geez man. Why do you care how he got his bike? Maybe he has a good job and can pay for it. Maybe his parents bought it for him. Who cares? At least he is riding and is happy with his new R1. I am not trying to bust your balls or anything, but that was kind of harsh. Everybody lives differnt lives, but in the long run we all ride and that is all that should matter. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
On2Wheels said:
Geez man. Why do you care how he got his bike? Maybe he has a good job and can pay for it. Maybe his parents bought it for him. Who cares? At least he is riding and is happy with his new R1. I am not trying to bust your balls or anything, but that was kind of harsh. Everybody lives differnt lives, but in the long run we all ride and that is all that should matter. Just my 2 cents.
yea whatever, I was just busting balls.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh man. Sorry. I didn't you were just joking around and you are so "Patiently":lol waiting for your new bike. I know it sucks waiting for your bike and it seems everybody around on this site is getting theres but yours in not there yet. That could lead to insanity if not dealt with pretty soon.:eek: Anyways hope you get your bike soon.:thumbup

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hello

thansk for people who stood up for me when people are jelous of me getting a R1 at a young age.

I had heart desease for 2 years now, and I had help from my parents to get my R1 but its not like Ill be able to ride it for 5 years. A few more years and I will be very weak and no longer able too.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
On2Wheels said:
Oh man. Sorry. I didn't you were just joking around and you are so "Patiently":lol waiting for your new bike. I know it sucks waiting for your bike and it seems everybody around on this site is getting theres but yours in not there yet. That could lead to insanity if not dealt with pretty soon.:eek: Anyways hope you get your bike soon.:thumbup
No hurt feelings bro. I know I am an ass hole from time to time but its all in good fun. Can't wait till I get mine!
number1_kid said:
thansk for people who stood up for me when people are jelous of me getting a R1 at a young age.

I had heart desease for 2 years now, and I had help from my parents to get my R1 but its not like Ill be able to ride it for 5 years. A few more years and I will be very weak and no longer able too.

Thanks
Damn dude, very sorry to hear that. You still should give me your bike :p

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
cobra-r1 said:
Is the procedure same for an 02? I bought mine used and wasn't aware of the fact that those thing could be changed.
If I remeber right, you have to depress both the select and reset buttons while turning on the key and continue pressing for 5 seconds afterward. Then just like above, you go through the program just the same.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi

:mad: This is to IMAGINE PARADISE.

Man just leave me alone. I got a 2004 R1. ok I am young yes. I have average bike experience. Friends have CBR's R6's. I bought a R1 because I did not want something small so i dont get bored of. I bought it because I liked it. I bought because I wanted a damm R1 ok. I came on this site to have fun and talk to guys about R1's not to someone to tell me why you get a R1 or how I can afford.

Just leave me alone man ok

Thanks

1 - 20 of 50 Posts