Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have joined this group not for me but for my son who recently purchased a barely used 2007 R1. It is a great bike and a blast to ride, but the thing is, I don't know too much about it as I myself ride both a 2005 Harley Davidson Electra Glide and a 2009 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom. We are trying to do some cosmetic work on the R1 but I know so little that its all Greek to me. I am going to let you guys know that I am going to be asking questions here to the point many of you may get annoyed or just ignore me. I do however want to thank all of you in advance for being here and for any advice you may be able to pass along. Also, I am always looking to go for a ride in the Houston TX area if anyone out there is interested. As I will always say, ride often, ride safe and have a great day. Thanks

·
I Jigga high, I Jigga Lo
1,710 Posts
I guess that is better than dazed and confused.. I am here in Cypress Tx too. I used to frequent this site about 20 years ago when it was first created. I was younger and dumber then. Some of my older posts may be a little embarassing so dont hold them against me. I just popped in again today because I bought an 99 r1 today. I also have some other bikes and a goldwing for the long rides. I'd be curious to know how your R1 project is coming along.and might be able to help,

·
Registered
159 Posts
I guess that is better than dazed and confused.. I am here in Cypress Tx too. I used to frequent this site about 20 years ago when it was first created. I was younger and dumber then. Some of my older posts may be a little embarassing so dont hold them against me. I just popped in again today because I bought an 99 r1 today. I also have some other bikes and a goldwing for the long rides. I'd be curious to know how your R1 project is coming along.and might be able to help,
Let’s see that 99!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to see that 99 as well. I'd show the 07, but its in pieces which is the root cause of why I am here.

·
I Jigga high, I Jigga Lo
1,710 Posts
Here is me picking it up. Then I ran a sponge over her to see it come alive! I have to go through it mechanically still. However, it did get a coveted inside the house parking place for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to get some pictures of my sons R1 together. Most of the problems we were having were solved by a really good mobile motorcycle here in the Houston area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone! I have joined this group not for me but for my son who recently purchased a barely used 2007 R1. It is a great bike and a blast to ride, but the thing is, I don't know too much about it as I myself ride both a 2005 Harley Davidson Electra Glide and a 2009 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom. We are trying to do some cosmetic work on the R1 but I know so little that its all Greek to me. I am going to let you guys know that I am going to be asking questions here to the point many of you may get annoyed or just ignore me. I do however want to thank all of you in advance for being here and for any advice you may be able to pass along. Also, I am always looking to go for a ride in the Houston TX area if anyone out there is interested. As I will always say, ride often, ride safe and have a great day. Thanks
I dont know if youve heard of scribd.com you can get any book any manuel any reading material like that and they will give a 30.day trial and i got a like 700 page service manuel on my 2003 r1and I'm here in kyle , or austin looking to ride and i just move here from louisiana so not many freinds and lots of haters
I'm trying to get some pictures of my sons R1 together. Most of the problems we were having were solved by a really good mobile motorcycle here in the Houston area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts