Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been kicking the idea around of getting an 04' for a few weeks. I finally made up my mind so I started searching and searching not really wanting to put down a deposit. I called all the BIG dealerships and was just about to come to terms with the idea of putting down a deposit on one. For some odd reason while sitting at work I decided to try a small dealer here that I got my (hard to find in 2K) red R1. I called the dealership and asked the guy to give me a price. After giving me the price I said "well when do you expect to have a blue one. His reply "I have the one that I am sitting here looking at" that some guy has been saying he is coming to get for the last 2 days. :confused:
He said it is not sold and does not have deposit. He said this is the first blue one we got and we expect a red and silver real soon. This was about 4:55 p.m. and the shop closes at 5:00. So I called back the next morning at 8:55 a.m. and asked if they were open he said well not yet. I asked for the salesman anyway and he said I still got it. I jumped in the car half naked drove about 40 miles and there sat the 04 R1 in blue that I was loosing sleep over. I could not believe that this small shop had this bike already and then told me he has had it for a week. After drooling over her for a while I gave him the deposit went to the credit union got my loan done and got my check but had to go to work (did not want to miss work since this is a new job)and if it does not rain I will be at their door at 8:55 a.m. in my full suit and will probably have my lid on getting out of the car with my wife.....Is it 8:00 A.M. yet? Nope just 1:53 A.M. :fork

·
shoot first and shoot fast
2,933 Posts
Right on, are they giving you a good deal?

·
No Common Sense
1,301 Posts
Congrats Mikeymike..... join da club! You gonna break her in like a whore or massage her like a virgin? Let us know how your clutch feels!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey Mikeymike..... ,, What dealership had it? I'm also form ATL. and called every dealership in the Metro area and no one had an 04 they just wanted to take my order... I have one on order from OUTDOOR POWERSPORTS that should be her in 3wks.... I just wanted to try and get it sooner:(

But Congrats man.... enjoy your new 04

DB

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it was raining when I woke up this morning. So I started doing other things and got talked into going to south georgia for a couple of hours. Should have known around 2 or so this evening the weather kind of perked up but I was about 2 hours away from Atlanta. Oh well I will pick her up Monday I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts