Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm with the deer killer!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new pair of boots and I am evaluating things to much. Can someone just give me some opinions on a pair in the price range of $140 to $170. I driving myself crazy looking at all the boots and finding the cheapest price. I am looking for a pair of street/race boots.

Thanks

·
Super Squidly
338 Posts
Re: Boots

BoogieDown-R1 said:
Hey KJ,
I'm a big fan of SIDI boots.....They are well constructed & offer plenty of support.

They might be a 'lil out of your price range. For instance my sidi "Vertebra" boots were about $210, but well worth it.

www.newenough.com & www.metricbikes.com have great pricing.

Let me know how you make out....

Ray
:iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst
all day comfort. construction makes it worth the extra $. I've heard Oxtar Ti Evo's are a good boot for the money, but have never owned a pair.

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
I like the Alpinestars SMX-Plus boots. Very comfortable, and they fit your foot like a glove!
I also like Sidi, but I couldn't find any in stock when I purchased my Alpinestars.

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
BoogieDown-R1 said:
D3LS,
Sweet Pic...where can u find Custom boots like that?
Ray
I am asked this question everytime I post this pic up,somebody had a link to R1 gear a while back and just took it from there,but where you get these boots:dunno

·
LoneRone
773 Posts
Hey KJ, check the group buy section, I just bought a pair of Sidi Vert 2's for a really good price, I cant say the price on the forum or else the GB will be void, but The R6 Messagenet is doing the buy on both Alpinestars and Sidi'd until the 5th of this month, check it out and see if they have what your lookin for if you want, Rene everytime i see your bike in your sig it makes me hate my white mids more and more........sweet bike bro!! Don't want to bite your style bro but if you dont mind how much were the black mids? Later fellas

Joe

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
Youngblood6 said:
Rene everytime i see your bike in your sig it makes me hate my white mids more and more........sweet bike bro!! Don't want to bite your style bro but if you dont mind how much were the black mids? Later fellas

Joe
Hey Joe, do whatever you have to do to make your bike look good in YOUR eyes! It's not biting 'my' style. Hell, I copied the black mids idea from someone else! I loved my white mids until I saw the red/black combo on another members bike..

I purchased my black mids used from the forum member EvilR1. He sold both for $250 shipped. Needless to say, I jumped all over that deal!
If you're looking for new mids for a decent price, check out www.mrcycles.com My brother ordered some plastics from them a while back, and they're a good company to work with.

Good luck, and post pictures when you're finished! :hellobye

p.s. you're gonna recive SOOOO many compliments with the black mids. I love to pull into the dealerships and watch all of the salesmen admire MY ride, even though they have a showroom full of brand new bikes! :rock

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
That's a touch price range. I just got lucky and picked up some brand new Alpinestars SMX-Plus on eBay for $150. Mr. UPS man will be delivering them today. :) I know there was a dealer on eBay selling the regular SMX's for $180 + shipping. That's about as cheap as you can go without going with something like Joe Rocket Blasters.

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts