Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
11,738 Posts
They're not already working? Illegal immigrants working and getting paid under the table isn't exactly an ideal solution. The "path to citizenship" approach isn't some overnight magic wand waving procedure that turns millions of illegals into citizens. There would still be deportation involved. And the path to citizenship could require someone to have worked/lived here for X amount of time (similar to a number of bills that were voted on).

if you break the law by coming here illegally why should we provide any help to them to become legal citizens?? They obviously don't care about being good Americans. I don't break into a bank and ask for a loan.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
if you break the law by coming here illegally why should we provide any help to them to become legal citizens?? They obviously don't care about being good Americans. I don't break into a bank and ask for a loan.
Well, it's somewhat costly to apprehend, hold, and deport someone. Multiply that by millions of people, not counting the amount of money spent finding some people, and it definitely adds up. Some people have been in the country for decades, and you can't just magically track them all down, especially if they're living quiet lives. I don't think the "path to citizenship" is meant to be easy. Remember the talk about possible fines? Sometimes I think that the reason it doesn't get finished is that lawmakers know that certain industries practically rely on illegal labor.

·
11,738 Posts
Well, it's somewhat costly to apprehend, hold, and deport someone. Multiply that by millions of people, not counting the amount of money spent finding some people, and it definitely adds up. Some people have been in the country for decades, and you can't just magically track them all down, especially if they're living quiet lives. I don't think the "path to citizenship" is meant to be easy. Remember the talk about possible fines? Sometimes I think that the reason it doesn't get finished is that lawmakers know that certain industries practically rely on illegal labor.

We could solve this in one week by enforcing the fines. That whole talk about who's gonna do the work is BS. I worked in an orchard as a kid picking cherries and apples. I worked in a restaurant too and cut wood for money. Kids are soft now a days and the parents made them that way. Fine anyone hiring illegals and take away their business licenses if they are caught twice doing it. Once they realize there is nothing for them here they'll either leave on their own or starve to death. Problem solved.

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
They're not already working? Illegal immigrants working and getting paid under the table isn't exactly an ideal solution. The "path to citizenship" approach isn't some overnight magic wand waving procedure that turns millions of illegals into citizens. There would still be deportation involved. And the path to citizenship could require someone to have worked/lived here for X amount of time (similar to a number of bills that were voted on).
And how are you going to prove you’ve worked here “X” amount of time?

Anyways this thread is about the British PM, and the OP seems to think Trump is racist, similar to most of the BS MSM, yet solely by his actions the suggestion is that he is in fact not racist

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
We could solve this in one week by enforcing the fines. That whole talk about who's gonna do the work is BS. I worked in an orchard as a kid picking cherries and apples. I worked in a restaurant too and cut wood for money. Kids are soft now a days and the parents made them that way. Fine anyone hiring illegals and take away their business licenses if they are caught twice doing it. Once they realize there is nothing for them here they'll either leave on their own or starve to death. Problem solved.
Cut their legs out from under them and force them to walk through the border, then turn around to come back legally.

Or make your home country a better place. :dunno:
I’d rather see private corporations donate to other countries to educate them and make the world a better place vs stealing my tax money and giving it to anyone, let alone an illegal for federal assistance

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
What federal assistance?? Also, are you against programs like Medicare and Social Security?
What federal assistance?? Really? You don’t know?

Absolutely I’m against it. Social security is a scam and Medicare is destroying the medical industry. When patient survey’s dictate hospital payments, the system is broken and needs to be abandoned.

I’m also completely against my tax money paying for lung treatments to someone who’s smoked cigs their whole life or it paying for a heart transplant to someone who’s coated their pork steaks with bacon grease and mayonnaise all their life. Sorry, no sympathy from me.

I invest my money way better than social security ever has. I’m tired of giving Uncle Sam a dollar and getting roughly $0.63 back or whatever it’s down to now.

They could end social security tomorrow and I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I’d gladly move my grandma back into my house if she ran out of her retirement money.

Time to lace them boots up and take responsibility for our futures as adults. Don’t force me to pay for someone else’s bad decisions or unpreparedness for the future.

You know what used to happen to people who ran out of money to pay for food; or ran out of skill to grow their own food or water right? They died if family couldn’t help... bring that back tomorrow please.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Still waiting for proof that Trump is racist.
https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/02/trump-fbi-files-discrimination-case-235067

"Most of those interviewed said they were not aware of any discrimination. However, some of the records recount the stories of black rental applicants who said they were told no apartments were available, while whites sent to check on the same apartments were offered leases.

The records, posted on the FBI's Freedom of Information Act website, include a 1974 interview with a former doorman at a Trump building in Brooklyn.

A supervisor "told me that if a black person came to 2650 Ocean Parkway and inquired about an apartment for rent, and he, that is [redacted] was not there at the time, that I should tell him that the rent was twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment," the ex-doorman said."

The Central Park 5.

·
11,738 Posts
https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/02/trump-fbi-files-discrimination-case-235067

"Most of those interviewed said they were not aware of any discrimination. However, some of the records recount the stories of black rental applicants who said they were told no apartments were available, while whites sent to check on the same apartments were offered leases.

The records, posted on the FBI's Freedom of Information Act website, include a 1974 interview with a former doorman at a Trump building in Brooklyn.

A supervisor "told me that if a black person came to 2650 Ocean Parkway and inquired about an apartment for rent, and he, that is [redacted] was not there at the time, that I should tell him that the rent was twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment," the ex-doorman said."

The Central Park 5.

All those examples are heresay. No actually facts. "He told me" doesn't hold up in court.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts

The Central Park 5.
All those examples are heresay. No actually facts. "He told me" doesn't hold up in court.
That's not hearsay. That's actual instances of Black people stating what happened. Records - meaning it's documented.

If you support this behavior, and you continue to argue why it's innacurate, you are no different. If that's ginuinely in your heart, then you really don't care. Those who are guilty will continue to feed into it arguing their support of how it's wrong even with facts presented.

I digress.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
What federal assistance?? Really? You don’t know?

Absolutely I’m against it. Social security is a scam and Medicare is destroying the medical industry. When patient survey’s dictate hospital payments, the system is broken and needs to be abandoned.

I’m also completely against my tax money paying for lung treatments to someone who’s smoked cigs their whole life or it paying for a heart transplant to someone who’s coated their pork steaks with bacon grease and mayonnaise all their life. Sorry, no sympathy from me.

I invest my money way better than social security ever has. I’m tired of giving Uncle Sam a dollar and getting roughly $0.63 back or whatever it’s down to now.

They could end social security tomorrow and I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I’d gladly move my grandma back into my house if she ran out of her retirement money.

Time to lace them boots up and take responsibility for our futures as adults. Don’t force me to pay for someone else’s bad decisions or unpreparedness for the future.

You know what used to happen to people who ran out of money to pay for food; or ran out of skill to grow their own food or water right? They died if family couldn’t help... bring that back tomorrow please.
OK, well we'll have to disagree on the whole social safety net aspect. As for federal assistance for illegal immigrants, exactly what are you referring to? They're not eligible for the welfare programs you're describing.

Even so, "proving" someone is racist is not going to happen until people actually agree on what constitutes racism. That's never happening here. :lol

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
That's not hearsay. That's actual instances of Black people stating what happened. Records - meaning it's documented.

If you support this behavior, and you continue to argue why it's innacurate, you are no different. If that's ginuinely in your heart, then you really don't care. Those who are guilty will continue to feed into it arguing their support of how it's wrong even with facts presented.

I digress.

First of all, you just said "that's not hearsay", then proceeded to describe the exact definition of hearsay as your argument. FAIL.

That established, let's dispel the myth that's obviously in your head about how you think hearsay is accurate just because some people "said so". How many lying women recently came forward to accuse Judge Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct, attempted rape, etc...complete with stating what happened and somebody documenting it.....only to be proven (some of them admittedly) to be lying? In that factual context, please elaborate, how is Trump a racist based on the Central Park 5? Facts please, not something you recently saw on Netflix.

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
Even so, "proving" someone is racist is not going to happen until people actually agree on what constitutes racism. That's never happening here. :lol

Herein lies the problem. Racism has come to have a dynamic definition, changing based on the accuser's need to rationalize how somebody else is "the problem", to avoid taking responsibility for their actions, comments, etc. You clearly fall into the category that believes if a wrong is committed against someone, and that person is anything other than caucasian, then it is racist. That is simply not true, has never been true, and never will be true. Sure, people want to "accept" that it is racism because it fits their perverted sense of justice, political correctness, whatever....but that doesn't make it true. It's this very kind of sheot, along with the obvious widespread....and growing..... rejection of the Constitution as it was written and intended, that is putrifying this country.

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
OK, well we'll have to disagree on the whole social safety net aspect. As for federal assistance for illegal immigrants, exactly what are you referring to? They're not eligible for the welfare programs you're describing.
Hold on to your hat homeboy, this one’s gonna hurt...

And I quote...
Of non-citizens in Census Bureau data, roughly half are in the country illegally. Non-citizens also include long-term temporary visitors (e.g. guestworkers and foreign students) and permanent residents who have not naturalized (green card holders). Despite the fact that there are barriers designed to prevent welfare use for all of these non-citizen populations, the data shows that, overall, non-citizen households access the welfare system at high rates, often receiving benefits on behalf of U.S.-born children..
https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs

You can run through the bullet points if you’d like, but the fact remains. Illegals find ways to access federal aide. An illegal can walk into a hospital and get treated, then walk out. I know this for fact because my wife works at a hospital. But here:

Current federal policy is to prohibit federal tax funding of health care to unauthorized immigrants through either Medicaid or Obamacare. Nevertheless, rough estimates suggest that the nation’s 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through “cost-shifting” i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care. In addition to these amounts, unauthorized immigrants likely benefit from at least $0.9 billion in implicit federal subsidies due to the tax exemption for nonprofit hospitals and another $5.7 billion in tax expenditures from the employer tax exclusion.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/amp/

There is plenty more, but I know you know that... you know illegals access federal money. And I for one would rather there not be federal money in the first place. I’d rather move my grandma in vs giving my money to Uncle Sam and him funding potato research in China... if you want to give your money away by all means go ahead.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
And I quote...
https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs

You can run through the bullet points if you’d like, but the fact remains. Illegals find ways to access federal aide. An illegal can walk into a hospital and get treated, then walk out. I know this for fact because my wife works at a hospital. But here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/amp/

There is plenty more, but I know you know that... you know illegals access federal money. And I for one would rather there not be federal money in the first place. I’d rather move my grandma in vs giving my money to Uncle Sam and him funding potato research in China... if you want to give your money away by all means go ahead.
A few things about that first link:

1) Interesting data, although it doesn't go over dollar amounts, so we don't know the monetary depth of utilization. If the head of household is a non-citizen but the child is, and the child receives benefits, it will mess with the data (at least as it relates to the article's point).
2) When federal aid to return ratio is considered (real dollar figures), many of the worst offenders are not exactly immigration "hot spots".
3) I would be extremely careful about citing anything from CIS. In fact I straight up wouldn't read it; you don't have to, as I found the same data analysis from other outlets that aren't associated with white nationalists.

I definitely know about illegal immigrant utilization of health services - both my parents work/have worked in healthcare their entire careers. I'm not saying it's a good thing (we're paying in part for it)! Part of finding some solution (path to citizenship, fine, whatever) would help some. US healthcare is a mess, and it needs further reform. Funding for hospital "safety net" programs isn't typically counted as one of the big federal entitlements (because it's, well, not nearly as big).

It sounds like your issue at the core is the fact that these government programs exist in the first place; I think that's a separate discussion, and to be honest I don't really feel like having it. :lol

edit:

I was trying to find out what kind of oil to use in my R1 and somehow ended up on Fixed News, I mean Fox Noise, I mean Fox News.
I vote Motul! Others might have a better suggestion. God help you if you ask about what kind of chain lubricant to use; those discussions get heated. ;)

·
Just Me.
220 Posts

I vote Motul! Others might have a better suggestion. God help you if you ask about what kind of chain lubricant to use; those discussions get heated. ;)
This guy obviously didn't get it!....I guess he actually thought I was seriously asking about oil.
:laughing: . Naw, y'all both are on the same page. He got it.

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
A few things about that first link:

1) Interesting data, although it doesn't go over dollar amounts, so we don't know the monetary depth of utilization. If the head of household is a non-citizen but the child is, and the child receives benefits, it will mess with the data (at least as it relates to the article's point).
2) When federal aid to return ratio is considered (real dollar figures), many of the worst offenders are not exactly immigration "hot spots".
3) I would be extremely careful about citing anything from CIS. In fact I straight up wouldn't read it; you don't have to, as I found the same data analysis from other outlets that aren't associated with white nationalists.

I definitely know about illegal immigrant utilization of health services - both my parents work/have worked in healthcare their entire careers. I'm not saying it's a good thing (we're paying in part for it)! Part of finding some solution (path to citizenship, fine, whatever) would help some. US healthcare is a mess, and it needs further reform. Funding for hospital "safety net" programs isn't typically counted as one of the big federal entitlements (because it's, well, not nearly as big).

It sounds like your issue at the core is the fact that these government programs exist in the first place; I think that's a separate discussion, and to be honest I don't really feel like having it. :lol

edit:

The best you’ve got is an under analysis of “interesting data” and an assumption on my standing... yeah.. I expected more...

So I stand by what I initially said. Still waiting on that proof of Trumps racism, and illegals access federal funding that id rather stayed in my pocket.

Illegals access federal funds by the billions, but hey make them legal and they’ll immediately stop doing that and start paying everything out of pocket because “they’re working.”

Sike; all you’re gonna do is make it easier for them to get on federal assistance.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
12 Participants
Corny
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing