Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I would love to have the hyper motard!!!

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
That 848 is the :boobies !

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
I wouldn't mind havn the 848.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
I've contemplated the thought of an 848 and boring it out to 996 and making a monster trackbike that will (possibly) beat my 999 and still be legal for club racing. :epimp

·
.:It's On:.
621 Posts
I've contemplated the thought of an 848 and boring it out to 996 and making a monster trackbike that will (possibly) beat my 999 and still be legal for club racing. :epimp

The new 848 enjoys all the performance advancements of the entire Superbike family, while adding its own innovations to redefine the middleweight sport bike class. The words ?agile? and ?refined? aptly describe the 848. At 168kg (369lbs) the 848 is an amazing 20kg (44lbs) lighter than its predecessor, and a significant 5kg (11lbs) lighter than its larger capacity brother, the 1098.

The highly advanced 848 engine uses an improved method of engine case production in which cases are vacuum die-cast formed. While providing significant weight savings of more than 3kg (6.5lbs), this method also ensures consistent wall thickness and increased strength. Further refinements include a sophisticated wet clutch that offers 1kg (2.2lbs) less weight, a much longer service interval, improved clutch feel and quiet operation. With the first twist of the wrist, the powerful rush of the Testastretta Evoluzione engine confirms that the rules have changed. The 848?s 134hp is not only 30% more powerful than its predecessor, but it provides a power-to-weight ratio even better than the potent 999.
Don't think you'll even have to bore it out.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
Wow, the 848 looks :boobies . Maybe if we get another bike company to jump on the 750 to 850cc bandwagon like Yamaha just might bring back the R7. Ok, it was just a thought. :sneaky

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
:eek: the 848 is bada$$.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.