Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Looks good.

· Yama-haulin'
874 Posts
Wow it's pretty wild that Yosh got this deal with Yamaha. I would have sworn that Graves would be their people. I still like the Graves I've seen on the Superbikes the most so far.

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
Now that is interesting. Not the silencer, but the news themselves. If Yoshimura will supply the official accessory silencer, what happened to Yamahas cooperation with Graves...?

I do know the Akrapovic silencer will be the official accessory silencer in Europe.

· Registered
452 Posts
I like the yoshi too. I also like the akra but I don't like the big carbon fiber shield. I'm expecting the yoshi to cost less. I noticed that the cables don't attach to the slip on, is that a new thing with the new r1? On my zx6r the cables attach to the oem slip on. I actually prefer to be able to use the servo and cables with an afermarket slip on.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
simply not a fan of Yoshi, specially if pipes are built in mexico... :crash

· Yama-haulin'
874 Posts
I like the yoshi too. I also like the akra but I don't like the big carbon fiber shield. I'm expecting the yoshi to cost less..
I've personally always associated Yosh with Suzuki, and had their systems in on all my Suzuki bikes.

I went with the Yosh on my FZ1 because it was not only the best performing full system for the bike, the only system that eliminates the power dip between 7-9k rpm. It was also hundreds less than Akrapovic or Graves.

simply not a fan of Yoshi, specially if pipes are built in mexico... :crash
Made in the USA, right here in Southern California. I've got over 70,000 miles on my R-77 carbon canister full system. It still looks and sounds great.

· Registered
2,185 Posts
Yeah, i dont think you can legitimately say much bad about yoshi. Ive ran them before and the fit and and finish are top notch. Agreed that Yosh and gsxr are like bread and butter so that would be my only gripe.

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
I have always associated Yoshi with Suzuki, but strangely enough that is true for Graves as well. It took me a while to get used to Graves/Yamaha. When I hear Graves, the first thing I used to think of is Chuck on a GSXR1100 at Willow Springs. Good times!

The new R1 looks 2000% better with a full belly pan....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.