Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new custom exhaust slip on Ive figured out how to do away with the popping on deceleration, but I cant figure out where that damn ticking is coming from.I think its the exup valve. I noticed that the cable became a little loose so I titened it but that didnt help at all. Does anybody have the factory specs to adjustment on the exup? it sounds like its comming out of the exup and also out the end of the can. does any body know what the two exup cables do? does anybody know how to fix Ive seen others with the same problems any help or information willbe apreciated and is well needed. thanx

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Download the service manual (in this section,look for the sticky) for the exup adjustment.

The cables are hooked to a servo motor which opens a cylinder with a hole in it to match and keep back pressure with all the rest.

The cables shouldnt be tight,but a bit loose...2mm side play on each I think.

If you feel like messing a bit,remove the exup cap at the exhaust and check if its not seized;if it is,use high-temp anti-seize.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
sirsmokesalot said:
I just installed a new custom exhaust slip on Ive figured out how to do away with the popping on deceleration, but I cant figure out where that damn ticking is coming from.I think its the exup valve. I noticed that the cable became a little loose so I titened it but that didnt help at all. Does anybody have the factory specs to adjustment on the exup? it sounds like its comming out of the exup and also out the end of the can. does any body know what the two exup cables do? does anybody know how to fix Ive seen others with the same problems any help or information willbe apreciated and is well needed. thanx
before my rod bearings went out mine did the exact same thing. It sound like it was coming from the exup and you could hear it in the pipe. I never figured out what it was though it was weird. You could also hear it in the pipe jus tbefore the can.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the deal. were your rod berrings under warrenty. and how much did it set you back? Did you have any other problems? some times when my bike is warming and yu blip the throttle it dies. Is that normal? any suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts