Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just found this site... this has to be the only R1 Fourm on the entire net ! I was reading through some of the posts and as long as people are cool/mature I will be around for a long time to come...

I started out on a 1991 Kawasaki ZX7RR and moved to the 2000 TLR then about a month or so ago it got stolen so now I move on the 2000 R1. The faster red/white version (ha ha)... anyways I look foward to BS'n and sharing info with you all.

throttle-cntrl
Kansas City, MO

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Hello there and Welcome :p

I see you've had a TLR. They're supposted to be near the RC51's power. Do you know anything about how well the RC51 handles? How much power is there in the TLR/RC51 compared to the R1?

I'm cheating on the R1 and have taken a look at the RC51.. but it's most likely gonna be an R1.. but just for the sake of it I wanna know what other people's thoughts of the RC51 is.. (generally the power for wheelie ;))

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The RC handles great, it is a great track bike in my opinion. I have rode all three, the TLR & R1 (obviously) and the RC. My buddy has a RC-51 and we switch up on a regular basis... As do most all twins, the RC has a great power curve and the power and torque are great down low all the way up to the top of the power curve. Now when the RC and R1 are trotting down the highway the R1 will run away at first because of that high reving mid range. All three are great bikes, the TLR just needs a rear shock and it is just as good as the RC and you saved about a grand, but to each his own. Oh yeah, before you ever consider buying a RC make sure to sit on one first ! You think the seat on the R1 is hard... sit on the RC ! The TLR is a cadillac compared to the others... I wish I could have a twin and a 4 banger. Oh yeah, the RC is a great wheelie bike, blip it up in first and kick it into second and ride off into the sunset.

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Welcome to the board! :D

Swedie: The RC51 is an amazing machine, with plenty of power to get you into trouble. The R1 and RC51 are not in the same class.

The RC51 should be compared with it's equals (996,GSXR750, ZX-7, etc.)

The R1 and RC51 are in totally different classes.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
The RC weighs alot more than the R1 (430lbs dry) and you also have to remember it is a Twin so you are talking apples and oranges,but both are great bikes. I have 3 friends on RC 51s and we all have a good time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.