Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My k4 strap has finally kicked the bucket, strap completely tore off and lost the button just due to tons of use. So now I'm looking for a new one, thinking about being lame and getting just another k3/k4 (affordable and I like them). BUT the off chance I was wanting to get a ROOF boxer. Matches my bike perfectly too. Anyone in the UK or U.S ever ridden with these? Mostly street and if I take my bike to the track is obviously get another. ImageUploadedByMO Free1450125788.800450.jpg

That's the helmet and this is my bike
ImageUploadedByMO Free1450125818.262842.jpg

If you know a better helmet that you think is better id love the opinions!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,557 Posts
if its modular, im not a big fan of modular helmets, whats is your price range.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't want to spend more than 350$ TBH. I know I know it's my head and my life is worth the money but 350$ is enough for me at the moment a lot going on. I've never ridden with a modular, besides the obvious is there noticeable differences when riding?

·
Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,557 Posts
up to you but you can get one of the best helmets out there for about that price, the corsair V is on sale in the Nicky Hayden camo, i know its not the most beautiful helmet but for the price i don't care if it had a dick drawn on the back,

whats your view on buying used helmets ? you can find top dollar helmets for around that price

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
up to you but you can get one of the best helmets out there for about that price, the corsair V is on sale in the Nicky Hayden camo, i know its not the most beautiful helmet but for the price i don't care if it had a dick drawn on the back,

whats your view on buying used helmets ? you can find top dollar helmets for around that price
I'm in total agreement with the first part. You only get 1 chance with your brain. Ive been Arai from day one and theyre super comfy. If you can snag a corsair for that price you're laughing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not completely against used, I'd like to think someone wouldn't sell me anything that wouldn't protect me to its fullest capabilities without letting me know. Looked at that helmet I saw it was around 700 something dollars. Also nervous for change... How sporty does that look in person? Love the avg look. Not opposed to change just like to know. Thanks for all the help

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
Before you buy a new helmet online i'd suggest going to to a local shop and test fitting first. They all fit differently
This is true. Though at least for me, if you're looking at Euro brands, you're going to have a hard time finding a shop that actually carries the helmets. Any shop can order them for you more or less, but likely that's not much different than buying online return-wise, and going through vendors like ridersdiscount saves a lot of money. IMO, if you know your fit in some popular helmets, a vendor can likely recommend a lid that's pretty close to where you're at. Generally speaking so long as you don't remove tags or wear it riding you can always send back.

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
Went to cycle gear today, here in Daytona we have a lot of Harley's but not a ton of sport bike stuff. Cycle gear had nothing

I go to that cycle gear all the time. Typically it has a pretty decent sport bike helmet selection.

I will say riders discount is fantastic for helmet prices. I went from an AGV to a Bell and the fit was pretty close.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up with another k4, just a size down and I love it like I first did! Had a bell before agv and unless I can try another gonna shy away from those. Cool to know another Rider from Daytona is on the forums. What year/bike do you have?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
ncn
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing