Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm with you...Miami is often ranked as the poorest city in the country and the local government is almost "eternally" broke. There are HUGE problems in Miami and the east coast of Florida in general with bikers and I can't say I blame the government for trying to do something. Problem is, it'll just be too easy for a money-strapped government and police force in Miami and other South Florida cities to abuse the law. Start petitioning your Florida State reps now so this doesn't pass.

·
It's all about the lean angle
205 Posts
It would never pass in it's current form. They will drop it. It sounds like politician grandstanding for votes. Even if it did pass in some form you would go to court and plea it down.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Sounds like some politician needs an education from a biker gang.:saw:

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
This subject has been covered many times . It's currently dead but that does'nt mean it can't be revived. The bill had no sponsorship .

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I actually just talked to Rep. Lopez and he's amending the bill to specifically target stunting on public roads and removing the speed-based agenda. He's open to suggestions and discussion which is enlightening. I'm sure he's never ridden a motorcycle and probably has no idea what is and isn't necessary to ride a bike in Florida and survive. For me, it's a matter of being caught up in an officer's interpretation with unclear language. I see a lot of innocent people getting caught up in something like that.

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
I actually just talked to Rep. Lopez and he's amending the bill to specifically target stunting on public roads and removing the speed-based agenda. He's open to suggestions and discussion which is enlightening. I'm sure he's never ridden a motorcycle and probably has no idea what is and isn't necessary to ride a bike in Florida and survive. For me, it's a matter of being caught up in an officer's interpretation with unclear language. I see a lot of innocent people getting caught up in something like that.
He actually met with ABATE and basically stated that it was targeted towards what he called "Street racers" , last month. He can revise it all he want's but without sponsorship , it won't float. My guess is that he'll try to piggyback the new revision onto some obscure bill for passage. The sad part is that the 30+ stipulation is'nt unclear at all considering the same law already exists in a slightly different form applying to "motorvehicles" ( read all cars and bikes. ) as an enhancement to speed violations.

It's really hard to cry over the necessity of it with the huge amount of squidliness displayed locally and throughout the nation. This past weekend here in Orlando , three cyclists hit the same truck at speeds well over 100mh while "just riding along" , and then yesterday here in Orlando two motorcycles were "racing" along Conway rd , one lost control and died. The other rode his bike 1/2 mile away , walked back and then said he drove by and saw his friend wreck and wanted to check on him.

If we can't admit to ourselves that "WE" have a problem with this type activity it's only a matter of time before someone else does something about it. At least locally I know for a fact that no one gives a damn about traffic fatalities. But when you add a dash of flash and a bad boy image it's a golden apple to some politician waiting for his day in the sun.

Cops seriously don't give a rat's ass , they do as management says. Management get's it's orders from the executive side and the executive side makes it'd decision based on what's popular. What's popular depends on what the media can get ratings on.

You decide: News crew shows up at bike night. Asks who's gone faster and who's ran from the cops. You'll have 1000 jackasses lined up for a chance to be on camera to justify why they "need" to speed .

In the first link what is'nt mentioned is that no one had a full endorsement. The rider killed was the only one with a helmet and riding a ZX14, his first bike ever that he'd owned since last May. The other two had no endorsements at all and no helmets. They were riding an R1 and a CBR1000. The posted limit in that area is 45mph. Two bikes left 200ft of solid black skids prior to impact. The CBR struck the truck so hard that a helmet held to the bike with a cable lock was forced from the cable by breaking the cable locking mechanism without breaking the chinbar. The helmet had very minor scratches. That particular rider went under the truck ( No helmet ) and @ 125ft past . He broke his arm. All three bikes were shredded to kid portable pieces. The truck they hit was a ford ranger.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-bk-crashnames112507,0,4610729.story?track=rss

Make sure to watch the vid in the following link. And make a mental note of the jackass who left his buddy there to die and had the mental capacity of a slug to park his bike and walk back only to incriminate the sheot out of himself trying to be Johnny Cochran. ( Mark my words : PRISON 3 yrs minimum Involuntary Manslaughter :fact )

http://www.wesh.com/news/14705876/detail.html

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
Holy sheot, I'm facking good.........................

I don't even need to comment on this. Watch and tell me who's to blame............Cops? Senator Lopez? or the man in the mirror ?

http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=188989

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
as long as men have machines-men will die by machines.
live by the sword-die by the sword.
......all sad , but true!

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
as long as men have machines-men will die by machines.
live by the sword-die by the sword.
......all sad , but true!
Interesting snippet of a quote by Jesus Christ , who also said "Pay unto Caesar that which is due unto Caesar." or in modern vernacular "You pay to play."

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
Interesting snippet of a quote by Jesus Christ , who also said "Pay unto Caesar that which is due unto Caesar." or in modern vernacular "You pay to play."
yep, i agree with everything you wrote, but was trying to 'sum up' why human males do the things they do. and yes i should have used quotation marks on the sword quote. but i made the first quote up myself.:sneaky

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
yep, i agree with everything you wrote, but was trying to 'sum up' why human males do the things they do. and yes i should have used quotation marks on the sword quote. but i made the first quote up myself.:sneaky

Thou art forgiven:crash

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
:lol:thumbup...."i find your lack of faith disturbing!"......now guess who said that?:sing:
Alright...............but we have to act this one out.

Go get a plastic cup from the kitchen and set it on your computer desk. Lean forward with both hands around your throat while repeating the quote and breathing heavily into the cup. When you're done choke yourself, but pretend you're being choked by the dark side force.

:lol

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
Alright...............but we have to act this one out.

Go get a plastic cup from the kitchen and set it on your computer desk. Lean forward with both hands around your throat while repeating the quote and breathing heavily into the cup. When you're done choke yourself, but pretend you're being choked by the dark side force.

:lol
:hammer: hey luke? i know what you are getting for christmas!
oh, how?.....luke, i have felt you presents!:flush:

.....ok sorry for the corny joke.:(:lol

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
:hammer: hey luke? i know what you are getting for christmas!
oh, how?.....luke, i have felt you presents!:flush:

.....ok sorry for the corny joke.:(:lol

Ok...............and it was'nt just corny. It was really corny :lol

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
i was pre-empting your blanket forgiveness!:lol:lol:sing::beer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.