Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi been using this Forum for many years since I first purchased my 2005 R1 in 2007, I still own her and still love riding the old girl :) I recently bought a 2007 Screamer with some light damage as my old lady has 137.000ks on her and so trying to save her from being re built.
I would just like to advise a bit of caution as I put a 'Parts Wanted' advert on this site and and have been approached by a few sellers who have put me onto non members who have the parts I need for sale! This seems to be a scam and even though this site is brilliant and full of useful information there seem to be a few unscrupulous people who have infiltrated it and prey on the unwary.
I look forward to many more years of R1 ownership and reading great articles on here, hope this information helps someone avoid losing their hard earned dosh and enjoy riding these great machines.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It's a scam, share the users names with kevap and they'll be dealt with. The moderators battle the scammers constantly and there is a thread about it. Glad you didn't get ripped off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi been using this Forum for many years since I first purchased my 2005 R1 in 2007, I still own her and still love riding the old girl :) I recently bought a 2007 Screamer with some light damage as my old lady has 137.000ks on her and so trying to save her from being re built.
I would just like to advise a bit of caution as I put a 'Parts Wanted' advert on this site and and have been approached by a few sellers who have put me onto non members who have the parts I need for sale! This seems to be a scam and even though this site is brilliant and full of useful information there seem to be a few unscrupulous people who have infiltrated it and prey on the unwary.
I look forward to many more years of R1 ownership and reading great articles on here, hope this information helps someone avoid losing their hard earned dosh and enjoy riding these great machines.

So was your wanted ad for free parts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts