Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and would just like to introduce myself. I've got a 99 R1 that I bought five months ago, after my previous bike a T595 daytona was stolen.:mad: I've been riding bikes for about 27 years. I got my first bike at 17, a Yamaha RD250 in 1975. After a year I traded it in for a Kawasaki Z1. Since then I have had mostley sports bikes, apart from when I fancied a change of pace and got a Harley. :ugh None of the bikes that I have owned have been kept standard. My R1 was completley standard when I got it. I have now fitted an Akara carbon can, dark screen, radiator guard and an ohlins steering damper. Anyway I would just like too say what a great site this is. My R1 is a big part of my life, and after reading these forums for a few weeks it's nice to know that there are people here that feel the same way. It really does add to the enjoyment of owning an R1!:hellobye

· 988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Welcome to the forum 99-R1-Dave :rock

Wow 27 years of riding thats awesome !! Good luck with Your R1. Post some pictures We would love to see it :^)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.