• Stock gearing

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s good just wanted to say hey!! I have ‘15 R1 Blue and gray.. Flashed, Ported head, 3/4 Akra. Wondering should I stay stock gearing or -1+1 or even -1+2? What set ups y’all have and like?

·
Super Moderator
23,972 Posts
All of my bikes that I rode on the street, I had -1 +2. You lose some top end but there's very few places that you can even attempt to go that fast on the street. The acceleration from the gearing change is just awesome. It's my favorite feeling while riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preciate the reply, yea I used that ratio on one of my previous bikes I loved it, my 09R1(track bike) I kept stock and my ZX14R(Mexico bike) is geared crazy -1+5 so i added this ‘15 R1 so I can have a legit fun 1k for street just wondering what y’all using out there on this gen R1. I think imma go with that too. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,972 Posts
I kept my 15 R1 at stock gearing as it is already crazy fast but I have stopped riding on the street and only do track days now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, yea this ‘15 is nice I like it,it moves out a little.. I’m a big guy 6’4 230lbs so the bike moves out enough to have fun .. if I want Mexico runs I’ll use my 14r.. idk we’ll see I’m leaning more of the -1+2.. i like the ride i would love to make it the dedicated track bike and get rid of my 09, but that R1 is already fully tracked out no more street parts..not willing to pay to fully track out the ‘15..but both rides are night and day.. appreciate the feedback.. I’ll be back I’m sure with more questions n concerns .. ride safe out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts