Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· [VET HNTR] Can Haz Teh Win?
2008 YZF-R1
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up, guys? I'm Ricky. :fork

Here are some pictures of my R1. I just did the modifications recently so if you have any questions, feel free to ask (modifications are listed in my signature). Input is welcome!

EDIT: Shit! I just noticed that I misspelled members on the thread title... :2bitchsla

...and I just saw that you can change it as well! This board is sweet! :sneaky

And these are some pictures from before the most recent round of modifications.

· Hillary in the Whitehouse ? ?
1,356 Posts
Looks nice!

I just sold my '05 Raven and picked up an '07 Red for cheap. Have yet to put a single mile on it though. The weather sucking & been working too much.

What did you ride before you got the R1 and how does it compare?

:fork

· Registered
164 Posts
nice flush mounts ricky. i got same year and colour r1. just got another 1200 miles to do before i change my tyres (front and back). it's amazing that i have gotten so much mileage off the original Pilot Powers that came standard with it. i might even change the chain and sprocket for a precaution.

· Have you killed a cat today ?
9,940 Posts
:thumbup

Nice Bike ... blue is just faster :sneaky

Seems like you got rid of your chicken strips on those tyres fairly quickly.

Mine came standard with Pirelli Corsa Diablo III - Give 'em a go ... they are brilliant tyres.

:fork Ride Safe :fork

2008 YZF-R1
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thumbup

Nice Bike ... blue is just faster :sneaky

Seems like you got rid of your chicken strips on those tyres fairly quickly.

Mine came standard with Pirelli Corsa Diablo III - Give 'em a go ... they are brilliant tyres.

:fork Ride Safe :fork
Blue is definitely the fastest! :fork

I actually enjoy leaning the bike over as much as I can safely opposed to doing 180+ MPH. LOL

I'll definitely keep the tire recommendation in mind! Thanks for the heads up!

2008 YZF-R1
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice!

I just sold my '05 Raven and picked up an '07 Red for cheap. Have yet to put a single mile on it though. The weather sucking & been working too much.

What did you ride before you got the R1 and how does it compare?

:fork
Thanks!

My R1 is the first bike that I've owned, but I've ridden plenty of others prior to getting it. I definitely preferred the R1 overall; that's why I got it!

2008 YZF-R1
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice flush mounts ricky. i got same year and colour r1. just got another 1200 miles to do before i change my tyres (front and back). it's amazing that i have gotten so much mileage off the original Pilot Powers that came standard with it. i might even change the chain and sprocket for a precaution.
Thanks, Romeo! Definitely makes a big difference in the looks IMO.

· Have you killed a cat today ?
9,940 Posts
Blue is definitely the fastest! :fork

I actually enjoy leaning the bike over as much as I can safely opposed to doing 180+ MPH. LOL

I'll definitely keep the tire recommendation in mind! Thanks for the heads up!
:thumbsup

It's a pleasure for the heads up.

Leaning is the best fun especially when you slowly WOT it out of the corner. I am a bit sceptical with the surface of some public roads so I hang off a bit more. Will need to do more track this year and shed some rubber doing good lean time.

:sneaky

2008 YZF-R1
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Whats Up Man, Your Puig Windscreen How Do You Like It Was It Easy To Put On And How Was The Fitment. I Am Currently In Iraq And Wanting To Buy Most Of My Things On Line While I Am Over Here.

By The Way Black Is Faster
LOL Blue is faster!!! But black is definitely the cleanest!

The Puig Double Bubble Windscreen is great, IMO! The fitment is damn near perfect and it works great compared to the stock windscreen. It really does make a difference!

2008 YZF-R1
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:thumbsup

It's a pleasure for the heads up.

Leaning is the best fun especially when you slowly WOT it out of the corner. I am a bit sceptical with the surface of some public roads so I hang off a bit more. Will need to do more track this year and shed some rubber doing good lean time.

:sneaky
I definitely hear you on that one, buddy!

I was taking the 57 to the 91 and the long sweep onto the freeway a little quick and leaned over pretty far and right at the end there was a pot hole the size of a football. If I hadn't already been straightening out, I hate to say it, but I would have probably gone down; I ran straight over it.

Needless to say I'm going to be a lot more cautious and maybe even not lean over too much until I've had some experience with where ever it is that I'm considering taking a fast turn.

Track time is something I'm really looking forward to on my R1!

· Registered
219 Posts
Nice looking ride!

Although everyone knows the RED ones are f a s t e s t.

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts
Nice bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.