Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Get to the chopppaaa!
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ride in here anymore? Seems like everyone sold their R1's! In Clovis, NM and just trying to find roads that aren't straight for hours on end and others to ride with.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks like Santa Fe is a mere 3.5 hrs away…yikes!! You’d burn up most of your tire just getting there. Any tracks nearby?

·
Get to the chopppaaa!
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah everything near by is all MX or BMX. The roads up here are straight for like 30+ miles in every direction :/ Stark difference than what I'm use to! Getting some fork seal work done but looks like itll be a long travel to find good roads

Massive farm area up here so all the plots being square dictate the roads.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nah everything near by is all MX or BMX. The roads up here are straight for like 30+ miles in every direction :/ Stark difference than what I'm use to! Getting some fork seal work done but looks like itll be a long travel to find good roads

Massive farm area up here so all the plots being square dictate the roads.
Gotcha. I feel ya; just moved from FL, where the highest elevation is like 442’ above sea level. Hope you find some riding buddies!

·
Get to the chopppaaa!
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I just moved from there too not long ago. Lol.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,250 Posts
I took a peak at the map for you, and I'm sure you've seen it, and it ain't exactly close, but, this looks to be as twisty as it gets out there bro. And it ain't nothing to write home about.

·
Get to the chopppaaa!
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i saw that too. Did you see the amount of straight line GSXR stretch Swing arm love out here? lol

Also that road is like a gravel paved road and its terrifying

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,250 Posts
Dude, if you want to just rip, you can rip for @#$%ing days out there.

Bro, some of the stuff out here is unpaved. I still tame it on the r1. Because, reasons.

·
Get to the chopppaaa!
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeahhhhh top speed run would be stupid easy. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great track a bit southwest of you called Arroyo Seco Motorplex. Race series, track days and private memberships. One of the cheapest in the country and really cool atmosphere. PM me if you want some more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drove through there once or twice when I lived in Abilene TX. Guys I knew from there would weekend in Abilene for rides...which I considered too straight but not too bad. They trailered their bikes down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts