Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FriendShip For Sale...!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal......
I went the Saturday before last to pick up my 04 red (*ahem... burgundy which I was not to pleased with:no ) R1...anyway dealer had offered me a good enough deal on my 02 R1 to trade in (believe it or not)..well about 4 miles before the place at about 8:00am with some slight ice on the road, I felt a bump or like a pull on the trailer I was hauling my bike on ......looked back and my bike was on it's left side ........NOOOOOOOOOOO!..........the right side strap some how loosened and it fell over to it's left side (and I will never use anything but ratchet type straps from now on) ...so I did go on to the dealer he goes from $6800 on an agreed trade in to $5635 ....kiss my a$$....I'm not given my 02 away even with slight damage that wasn't $1200 bucks worth:no...So after I told him no deal and where to go...I decided to keep my real red 02 that i love very much.
While there I decided to check my pit pass discount amount with them (this is where every time you buy something you get 10% back, which is cool) and had little over $300.00 bucks (enough to replace the cracked left mid) so I went ahead and ordered a Black set of Mids from a silver 03 R1 now they are telling me that the 03 Mids are slightly different and may not fit........for all of you that have changed Mids does any know if there is any reason why these would match perfect on a 02...???
Please help me with this..... this has got me a little worried......:confused:

Here is the new look I'm going for:fact

Attachments

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
They will fit, he's smoking something.

Also get the endless ratchet straps from Wal-mart or lowes. they don't have any hooks to come loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts