Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, first post. Anyways, just got myself a new 2014 R1 (red) after riding an 07 R6S for 4 years. I am in love and I can see why you are all so passionate on these forums. It is taking some getting used to, a lot more power and that crossplane is insanity... I am in love

Anyone have some input on a slip on that I should get? The stock sounds great while I am on the bike but they look really bulky.

Thanks!
Austin.

· Registered
135 Posts
Welcome !
I'm new with this 1 too, I got the white with the blue stripes 2014!
Been researching my ass off for cans and went some shorter Loe Vince slipons. They're fanfrackingtastic. Although I would have gotten the Graves low mount but it's loot and still kind wanted to see the bike with some shorter,smaller cans up there for now but if I were to get a system that would be high on the list. For undertail the cans must not stick past the tail light to best imo.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike! Don't worry about what they say here... Red is the fastest :secret:

Edited to add: I love the way the Leo's look on that year bike personally. They sound great too.

· Registered
85 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the feeling of her. As for the slip ons, I went with a set of Toce cans (which many people here will diss on) mostly because I love the looks of the quad black pipes. However, Leo Vince and Yoshimura put out an incredible sound without being over obnoxiously loud (like the Toce cans). But in my opinion, you can't go wrong with any exhaust. They all look better than the stock cans and they all sound incredible with the engine design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.