Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

I just bought the 2002 YZF-R1 in silver, but the crappy part is, in Canada I've got to wait until MARCH before I get to have my new baby.

Anybody have any pics/specs/links about the new yammie??

·
Registered
777 Posts
hypeR1 said:
:eek:

I just bought the 2002 YZF-R1 in silver, but the crappy part is, in Canada I've got to wait until MARCH before I get to have my new baby.

Anybody have any pics/specs/links about the new yammie??
Here is a first look write up
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/02r1.motml

BTW - what did you pay for it? One lucky thing about living in Klein country is there is no PST!

·
Do or do not, there is no try
2,671 Posts
If it's anything like my 2000 R1, I live in Canada, ordered in November 99, and was told March 2000 and was late...........It will get here in June 2002. Yamaha's delivery schedules have been craptacular for me at least.

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The retail price was 14,399.
I traded in my 2000 CBR600 F4 and they gave me a difference of 6750.

14399 Sale price
300 Freight and PDI
= 14699
7949 Less Trade
-----------------------------
6,750 diff plus tax.

My bike had 5300 kms on it. I dont think I did too bad, did I??

·
R1 Newbie
15 Posts
they say it has more power right? 150ish.......:confused:

kool!!! have fun with it when ya get it!!

FuJi

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
Just signed the paperwork

This past weekend I traded my FZ-1 for the 2002 R1. Silver of course, because silver ones are faster. The FZ-1 is a great bike but I found myself slowly turning it into an R1. A Micron pipe and Ivan's needles brought the dyno up to 134hp. I dropped the bars down into a lower crouch and moved the pegs up. I started looking at Ohlins and realized that I may as well trade up. The ETA for mine is February. Nice. A new bike in Maine in the middle of winter. It will probably get six coats of wax before I ever get to ride it. I'll sit on it while I play MotoGP on the PS2.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's awesome! I got mine in December of last year. I hated the cold weather but the bike came in the 2nd week. Had to go and get it! I wax it all the time.

·
Registered
777 Posts
hypeR1 said:
The retail price was 14,399.
I traded in my 2000 CBR600 F4 and they gave me a difference of 6750.

14399 Sale price
300 Freight and PDI
= 14699
7949 Less Trade
-----------------------------
6,750 diff plus tax.

My bike had 5300 kms on it. I dont think I did too bad, did I??
You paid MSRP. But it seems the trade in was fair. Hopefully you will get it early in the sping. Watch out! It's way more bike to handle than your 600.

And yes LtdR1Ryder that is Canadian. At today's currency rate it 14,399.00 is 8,987.58 US.

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah,

I paid retail, but I got retail. The bike book says the value on my honda was 6,100 wholesale. So as the saying goes, you have to pay retail to retail, wholesale to wholesale, at the end of the day, what matters is the difference.

Dealers have to make some money. All in all, I am very happy with the purchase and service my dealer has provided me. Blackfoot Motosports in Calgary, Alberta.

PS- How do I add a picture to my profile??

·
Registered
777 Posts
The only thing I wish they didn't do to the bike was black out the frame. The bike in silver would have looked awesome if they left the frame chrome and also left the rims chrome.

Just my opinion!

The bike looks great though. I think I would go the silver over the blue for 2002.

BS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts