Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,974 Posts
I could have written that review..

Thanks for the post, but ill be glad when the real reviews are out.. especially the 2006 600 comparisons..

·
Zeus's Beard!
1,466 Posts
NICE! Thanks G!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
fastbydrmike said:
I hate reading new reviews because they make you want to trade your bike in on a new one! Damn I will not do it! I just got mine set up for me.
I think the 9,199 - 9,499 MSRP is a little high. I can get a GSX-R 1000 for 9,799.

·
yield
17,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that was the lamest review I have read... no way the bike can't be revolutionary, it has a rpm ceiling of GP bikes!!? add the throttle control, slipper, suspension, and one of the nicest swingers I have seen to make it onto a 600cc and I see a revolutionary bike. This will put all the other manufacturers in check for sure-

·
the Green Bastard
6,973 Posts
pbfaster said:
How does the drive by wire throttle work :dunno

It eliminates the throttle cable and replaces it with electronics. Everything is done by sensors and in turn, an electronic throttle body is used. There is no mechanical connection between the throttle and throttle body anymore, only electronics.

·
Lock & Load
1,395 Posts
2000750 said:
It eliminates the throttle cable and replaces it with electronics. Everything is done by sensors and in turn, an electronic throttle body is used. There is no mechanical connection between the throttle and throttle body anymore, only electronics.

:thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.