Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 R1 which was not charging, I replaced the stator rotor and the coil windings, when running, there was about 1.7v AC off each phase of the stator. This made no sense, resistance and earth testing the windings said it was OK, I got another set of windings just in case they were faulty, it now reads 2v AC at each phase and puts out 4.7v DC if I plug in a regulator (I have 3, all say the same). What on earth is wrong? If the whole stator is new how can it not generate voltage? Is there something else that can fail inside the engine that prevents the rotor from turning properly?

·
Asphalt Hurts
45 Posts
have you gone through the entire wiring harness and cleaned all the connections? when I am chasing down charging problems, I would go through every connection (and grounds). I have not had that problem on my 05 yet, but would do this on older yamaha's that were notorious for electrical problems. The battery is part of the charging system also, so double check that also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have, but the issue is at this point none of the wiring is part of the tested circuit as it's all unplugged. It's literally the alternator, the 3 wires that come out of it and that's it, there barely any voltage on those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts