Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
too cold to ride so i bought this undertail , cut up the stock undertail and put this one on. took me 2 hours ,$350 and 3 beers . am i happy now? BURP........ yup! . nice product but you better have some skills . :cool:

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Very nice sir, I like the look of that:rock :rock
makes a bike look so much cleaner.

·
Oh Canabis
275 Posts
Very sweet tail indeed, I see you went with the Dussault, very wise choise. The Dussault has to be the best looking tail out there and Robert stands behind his product 100%.

Congrats!:cool:

·
Registered
777 Posts
R14ME2 said:
too cold to ride so i bought this undertail , cut up the stock undertail and put this one on. took me 2 hours ,$350 and 3 beers . am i happy now? BURP........ yup! . nice product but you better have some skills . :cool:
I was thinking of getting a Dussault undertail this winter. I like them for 2 reasons. 1 - they come from Canada and 2 - they are made of ABS not fiberglass.

How big of a hassle was it putting it on? Was the cutting up of your original tail the pain or was it the wiring?? Also was attaching the liscence plate a pain or do they provide a way of mounting it??

BS

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blue
i must say this tail is made very well . it fits like it was made by yamaha especially for this bike . the color and finish exact . the seam were it meets the upper tail perfect . not a cheap and flimsy piece of paper thin crap. came with led bulbs , connectors , and a new flasher relay (the stock flasher is too quick for the new bulbs).
the wiring is just unplug old plug in new (easy). the license plate bracket just use the one you got drill 2 holes (easy). it took me 2 hours i aint braggin but i got mechanical skills. so far so good .....right .
but heres the deal . get a sheetrock knife , a hacksaw blade , and cut out this part of your favorite motorcycle:( (see photo) if this dont scare you go buy one today and start cutting away . oh .the instructions really suck but dussault has a link to a guy with great instructions.go to the webpage for dussault. heres the picture of what you get to cut off and throw away

·
395 of 1000
102 Posts
Anybody heard of an undertail for the Champs ed....Wonder how a blue one would look?:no

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R1 CHAMP
just checked out your website , great!
lots of stuff there . looks like you guys are havin some fun :D :cool:

·
Oh Canabis
275 Posts
Champ Ed Tail for R1 Champ

Here are some pics of a Eurotail bought in white and custom painted to suit the Champ Ed.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/01899/
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/01897/
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/01896/

I have a Dupont paint code that matches the blue to a tee. I had to do some painting on mine after a lowside last year and you can't even tell the diff between the stock color and the blending of the Dupont in the tail.

Let me know if your interested and I'll shoot you the code via email

·
no refunds allowed
79 Posts
With that tail you need to be VERY careful with who you let ride 2-up. I know a guy who's tail section cracked not once, but twice after installing it.

He remedied that by installing some bolts on the back of the sub-frame to give the back of the tail some support above and to the sides of where the tail-lights are.

He said "I used 2 x 3/8" threaded rods, four nylon nuts and appropriate washers. Then you have to adjust the rods so the tail sits on the top tail assembly. "

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ReyndoggYZF
thanks for the input , we are reinforced with 3/4 " stainless steel rods ,and rubber bumpers.;)
actually stronger than stock now.
but thanks for keepin an eye on me:D :D

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I'm feeling sad when I watch that picture ReyndoggYZF :(

I'd never put my bike apart like that..
I got installing of new jet-needles and clutch to take care of soon. I'm not looking foward to the job.. but the results!! :cool: :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well, In a couple weeks time I will be the proud owner of Dussault undertail just like r14me2!

I emailed Robert to see if he was going to be at the Toronto bike show and he will be there with all his goodies. I'm going to buy one there so I don't have to wait (or pay) for shipping!

Maybe he'll even have a show special. 339.00US equates to just under 500.00CDN.

Can't wait to get it installed!:cool:

BS

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blue streak
very cool , go for it. but white wheels? im not sure you should . guess i might like it if i saw it.....i guess?
theres a dealer near me with blue anodized rims on an R1 all polished and done up 100% . im looking into what it takes to get anodized rims or have it done to stock rims . very cool looking .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts