Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
can I score some pissssss
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started seeing threads today on about a 6 inch strip on my tire. Is it okay to ride for a couple of days until I get paid?:cryin

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
You can ride it, but you better not get to wild in the turns. I
would change it asap.

·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what if I let some air out of the tire? Wouldnt this flaten the tire out and let it ride on the sides a little more insted of it beiong so pointy.What psi should I use?

I am only taking it out today(sunday) to see some stunting a few miles away.

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
2,467 Posts
Don't take a chance, just wait.:fact We do not want to read a post later saying you wrecked today.:no

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I've ridden like 300 miles with threads showing (had to get home as I was far away when I noticed).... I wouldn't chance it though...

- BA

·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GXRKLR said:
It should have been replaced a few hundred miles ago.
well I live in florida so there are not many twisties around. This leaves me with alot on the "sides" and not much in the middle. This is what makes me hate to buy another $150 tire when I have so much tread left. I know it isnt righ I was just explaining myself.:music487

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
With no twisties do you get the harder compound tires? what are you running now? You might be alright if you stay in town cruising where you don't get over 45 MPH.

·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have pirelli diablos front and rear. I love the tires and they are supposed to have dual compound from what I hear(on this forum). I just do alot of wheelies clutching and bouncing. I was reading in some other post that I should go with Avon tires beacuse they are harder and better the dunflops. Is this statement true? What tires should I go with?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts