Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Track Addict
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just joined here, I`m picking up my new 2007 R1 next week, I used to have a 2003 GSXR 750 but it was stolen & I haven`t had a bike for a while so I had the itch to buy a new one, I did not like the newer gixxers so I I`m going to try the "almighty" R1 lol:)
Too bad there won`t be good riding weather here for a few months.

·
You smoke WHAT????
2,050 Posts
:epimp Welcome!

·
Hook'em Horns
2,825 Posts
Welcome to the forum, please remember the new R1 is a high RPM racing missile. Keep the revs up high and the power rocks! Personally I'm getting a little tired of hearing how my bike: won't wheelie, has no low end, is broken, blah blah, etc. Sorry bout the rant. Anyways, enjoy the bike and let us know what you think!:)

·
Track Addict
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum, please remember the new R1 is a high RPM racing missile. Keep the revs up high and the power rocks! Personally I'm getting a little tired of hearing how my bike: won't wheelie, has no low end, is broken, blah blah, etc. Sorry bout the rant. Anyways, enjoy the bike and let us know what you think!:)
I know what you mean about the revs, my 750 didn`t really make good power until around 8500, after 9500 it felt real nice:sneaky

·
Fear Nothing, Risk Everything
5,767 Posts
welcome

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
Enjoy the R1. Ride safe...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.